• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Map default Zoom setting

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. is there a way to change the default setting in the Google map so it appears at suburb level rather than as it currently does (almost state level). Thanks DC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Come here good people, gather around, fresh community solution coming up!

Eat it while it's hot!

<script>

CMS.Maps.map.setZoom(1);

</script>

Add it after the webappsmap module tag.

Adjust zoom level from 0-10 by changing the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey buzzvick,

A link to the project would help know what code your working with.

If you are placing an iframe on the page you should be able to change the zoom variable within the source: "http://maps.google.com/?ll=48.064372,16.348977&z=10" and change z=10 to any other number, from 20 to 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chad,

Sorry - the page is http://www.themanhattanclub.com.au/Location.htm

I am using the BC module for the maps, I think is a little different to the method you described above..... DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buzzvick,

I'll have to set up and test this one, we don't normally use that module on its own. But I'm pretty sure your solution will look something like this:

http://jsfiddle.net/chaddidthis/ymM2s/

The Id in the code is the one from your site (webapp_map_12738) so you should be good. Let me know if this works, I'll reply back when I get a test web app up, or if someone else hasn't brought a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad

Thanks for that.

I tried inserting the javascript directly on the the page and the template, but no go I'm afraid......

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zoom level can't be adjusted within the module, at this stage. Hopefully someone from the community will have a workaround.

If no one has an answer you may have to resort to implementing the script manually. You already have lat and long values, so you don't have to do any geocoding. You can simply plug in the tags where the values for lat and long are in this hello world script from google  https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial and adjust the zoom level. That should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mario!

We normally use a method like your reference link, so I wasn't sure. Good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come here good people, gather around, fresh community solution coming up!

Eat it while it's hot!

<script>

CMS.Maps.map.setZoom(1);

</script>

Add it after the webappsmap module tag.

Adjust zoom level from 0-10 by changing the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LEGEND!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I've created a doc on it here http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2371

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one. Thanks so much. That helps a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This code doesn't change anything. Any other way make the google maps zoom to look normal... This module is sort of useless the way it works right now. I might as well build my own google maps integration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simpleflame sell one and anumber of us like myself already just use google API to do our own and own controls, overlays etc. What the google API is there for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines