I just had a meeting with a potential client and want to do a bit of research before I commit to designing their website as i'm not 100% sure I can provide them with the functionality that they require.
In a nutshell they want people to be able to purchase an e-product (PDF) and have it emailed to the customer once purchased. However this poses a few problems:
1) I don't think BC has the capability to email PDF's
2) PDF's will be designed to look like a certificate and have the customers name on there as well as a unique code (possibly invoice number). So i doubt BC can generate these PDF's.
Now i'm looking for a bit of a work around so i'm hoping some of you may have this kind of technology on your site or a site you have designed for a client.
In my searches on the forum I came across http://pdfmyurl.com which is kind of interesting. I have never used it before but I thought that this is one way the idea could work:
- A customer purchases their e-product and once purchased it re-directs them to a receipt page which is designed to look lik a certificate. On this page it will use the tags to call on the customer name and invoice number (unique code). This page would have the PDFmyURL functionality so that when they click the button it then creates the PDF in the certificate style with all the customers details and they can then save it to their hard drive.
As I have not used it before i'm not sure if it works exactly that way. But any feedback would be appreciated or if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions It would be greatly appreciated.
1. eCommerce products can be set as an eProduct and you can set the file for that to those products. This comes thorugh in the invoice in the links to download that file.
2. BC can not generate that information on the fly, no.
3. With what your asking you could do something along those lines. with pdfmyurl you can create a link on the page which will make a pdf of that page with that information on it.
Thanks for the sppedy reply Liam.
I realise that BC does have the functionality to produce an e-Product and I can upload a PDF file for this however I need it to display the persons name and their unique code within the PDF. So that is the functionality that I am lacking and require a work around for.
So maybe the PDFmyURL is the best solution. Anyway i'll keep plodding along and see what i can come up with.