Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I accept a payment amount in excess of $10,000?

Apr 17, 2012 4:44 AM

Tags: #formscentral

Hi, I've set up a form to collect contributions for a fundraiser and my cleitn wants to accept contributions of $10,000, $15,000, and $25,000. I have  PayPal Business account, and I've authorized AdobeForms central to integrate with that account. On the Payment Processing > Purchase Fields page, I can't enter an amount greater that 9999. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Doug Ward

Replies
  • Randy Swineford
    2,340 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Apr 17, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to WatersWard

Doug,

PayPal has told us that they do not allow payments over $10,000. Have you done transactions this large using PayPal before?

The only work around is to submit the donation as separate transactions. You would do this by having people fill out the form multiple times.

Randy

|
    Mark as:
  • Randy Swineford
    2,340 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Apr 17, 2012 9:12 PM   in reply to Randy Swineford

Doug,

We talked to PayPal about this. It is possible to have a merchant account accept more than $10k transactions. In order to do that you have to contact PayPal and go through a special process to get approval.

Because of that, we plan to remove the $9999 restriction from our authoring UI in our mid-May release. Until then the only work around is to use a "user inputted" price type instead of a fixed type. The donor would just type in an amount they want to donate. In that case we do not block entry of larger amounts. PayPal will determine if that amount is allowed during checkout.

Hope this helps.

Randy

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points