Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Change PAR in photoshop cs4?

Apr 17, 2012 10:31 AM

I want to use picuters in Premiere Pro and want to change the pixels from 1.0 to .9. I know how to do this in Premiere using interpret footage. But I wanted to do it in photoshop - I thought that would be the place to do it? I know to go under view and pick PAR and then pick what I want. I then try to save as and use it but it reverts back to the 1.0 pixel, as though I never made a change to the photo. I have 300 photos so any way to do this with one command for all would also be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 11:02 PM   in reply to hellomartinab

want to change the pixels from 1.0 to .9.

What does this mean?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 12:58 AM   in reply to hellomartinab

Pixel aspect ratio is merely a case of tagging. If you save to a format that doesn't support non-square PAR, it is meaningless. I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, anyway. Just like re-interpreting the files in Premiere, changing the PAR flag in a file does not change any of its pixel data. It has neitehr any advantage nor disadvantage.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 9:59 PM   in reply to hellomartinab

Na, you are misunderstanding how video apps deal with pixel aspect ratios and what it means in this context. Chaninging the PAR in PS won't do anything. You need to setup your timelines correctly and work with equivalent pixel sizes. If you e.g. work with HDV 1044x1080 with 0.9 PAR, any full HD 1920x1080 square pixel image will properly match. That's all there is to it.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points