• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best stage3d framework for 3d games on iOS ?

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

if you cant answer what is best then :

what is the easiest ?

what has the best performance ?

thankyou !

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

This all can be done with Alternativa3D also 😃 And more over - A3D - free and opensourced from this year

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience I would say that Starling is the most easiest and Genome2d has the best performance, although it is the most difficult to get started with.

Also I would say that at the moment (AIR 3.2 / 3.3 Beta), if you are targetting iOS, you can still gain better performance with GPU (+some optimizing) compared to Starling at least. This does not apply always, but at least in many cases. Here are some benchmark results: http://esdot.ca/site/2012/performance-comparison-starling-vs-gpu-render-mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kudoss,

I just spent the last few hours checking out 2d stuff and this is helpfull info and thankyou but now im trying to decide on a 3d framework !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry! I must ignored the word "3d".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternativa3D and Away3D 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer Flare3D due to its 3dsmax integration. It's so nice to make an object with Flare3d materials, export it using a single menu option, open that 3d object in flash and manipulate it in a simple way. Kudos for using the names I name objects in 3dsmax to access them in ActionScript (even groups). Very happy with their tutorials like YellowPlanet to give you a quick jumpstart in gaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all can be done with Alternativa3D also 😃 And more over - A3D - free and opensourced from this year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free with the stipulation (that I consider minor) that you will show an Alternativa3D logo and link to their site.

Flare3D is $500 but Alternative3D is a lot more sophisticated and therefore difficult to pick up easily. I was up and running in Flare3D in 1 day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's no longer the case (no more logo/link requirement).

http://blog.alternativaplatform.com/en/2012/03/29/alternativa3d-8-is-out-in-open-source/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GUI and Physics engine still requires the link. What game won't utilize those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use JigLib & Alternativa3D. Currently I'm developing car racing game. About GUI - you can doing yourself. For what you want use premaded from a3d guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines