Skip navigation
SportStirs
Currently Being Moderated

Changing Color Schemes

Apr 17, 2012 3:14 PM

I have a set of animated backgrounds/lower thirds/overlays from Digial Juice that all need to have the color scheme changed to our business' color palette.  Of course, the folks at DJ said this was possible in Premiere, but weren't familiar with the process.  What is the process for changing the color scheme in Premiere Pro 5.5? (I also have Photoshop CS 5 Extended, but am unfamiliar with it, but if that would be more appropriate, please let me know what the process is.)  

Your help is much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 5:07 PM   in reply to SportStirs

I would guess you do it the same way you change a color in any other video - using the various color effects.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 5:52 PM   in reply to SportStirs

What are the file types from Digital Juice?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 9:47 PM   in reply to SportStirs

There are several CC Effects, in PrPro, and I would start with the Fast Color Corrector, but do not limit yourself to just that. The Three-Way CC Effect is more powerful, but requires a bit more adjustment.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 1:39 AM   in reply to SportStirs

I doubt that you can use any of the tools in Premiere (CC) to correct an mp4 to precise colors such as your company color palette.

Maybe show us the "palette" and a sample from Digital Juice.  ( Frame or screen grab)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to SportStirs

Doesn't Digital Juice give you the option of codec to render the animations to?  Mp4 seems like an odd intermediate codec for files that should have an alpha channel.  I could be mistaken, but I don't think alpha channels are supported in standard mp4.

I thought that those animation loops should be exported form The Juicer™ as uncompressed AVI or QT files with an alpha channel for transparency. An uncompressed file will be better for changing the color palette  with premiere's fx as well.

Solid colors will be easier to change with proc amp, color replace, fast CC, 3-way CC, tint, color balance RGB, RGB CC, etc.

Adjusting gradients may be more of a change with those tools.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to SportStirs

.mov is a qt wrapper. Are you using the DJ software yourself? If these files are not uncompressed, you should re-export them from The Juicer™.. After that, try the host of premiere effect. mentioned previously here.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 7:27 PM   in reply to SportStirs

Drop it into PP and adjust the Hue.

This wil change the overall color pallete, but you will not be able to isolate and color individual colors without in depth knowledge of PP and Editing in general.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points