Skip navigation
Melvin4
Currently Being Moderated

PE-9

Apr 18, 2012 4:57 AM

I burned a disc using PE-9, how can I copy paste a photo from that disc?

Mel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to Melvin4

You can play the disc on your computer in a program like VLC player and freeze it on the frame you want to copy.

How you then copy this freeze frame to your Clipboard depends on whether you're using a Windows or Mac computer. (On a Windows machine, just press the Prnt Screen button.) You can then paste it into an open Photoshop file.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 5:58 AM   in reply to Melvin4

I'm presuming that, as you say you burned a disk, you have the original video clip in a PRE project. If so position the Current Time Indicator over the frame you want and then use Share> Computer> Image. This ought to give you a better quality still as it won't have been compressed. If you don't see the 'Image' option you must scroll down the formats using the scroll bar at the right - it's easy to miss.

3.png

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 6:35 AM   in reply to Melvin4

You still haven't said what operating system you're working with.

But assuming you're on a Windows computer, you press Prnt Screen to copy the screen to your Clipboard. Then, in Photoshop Elements, you select File/New/Image from Clipboard to open an image file and paste it.

If you need more specific instructions, you're going to have to give us more specific information, including what operating system you're using and what photo editing software you're using. Simply saying it "doesn't work for me" doesn't give us anything to work with, Melvin.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to Melvin4

Mel,

Some laptops need the Ctrl, or Alt modifier key along with PrtScr. I know that my Sager (Clevo MoBo) does. If the Print Screen (usually PrtSc, or similar) does not get your image into Clipboard, try Ctrl+PrtSc, and test. The exact keystroke can depend on the exact laptop.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to Melvin4

Great!

I have had three laptops over the years, and one was just PrtSc, while the other two needed Ctrl+PrtSc to get the job done. It took me a lot of looking to find that out.

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:12 AM   in reply to Melvin4

Sounds like you can mark your question "Answered."

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This