Skip navigation
ejdodson
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with Adobe 9.0 and uploading pdf files to website

Apr 17, 2012 5:15 AM

A few days ago, I received a notice from Adobe to install updates to Adobe Reader. Now, there is a conflict. Whenever I try to upload a pdf file to my website (on Yahoo) an Adobe window pops up with the following address: C:\Program\Adobe\Reader 9.0|PDF shell reader\AcroRD32Info.exe.

There is nothing in the window (i.e., no text for indication that anything is happening). The process of upload a pdf file tops fro about a minute or even longer; then, finally, the pop up window goes away and I can continue the upload.

Is there a known fix for this problem? Can I go into the program and delete the execution file?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 11:03 PM   in reply to ejdodson

ejdodson,

Please let me know the following:

1. Which version of Adobe Reader are your currently on. You can check the same by clicking on Help > About Adobe Reader from within the Reader application.

2. Which OS are you working on.

3. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the dialog that you are receiving.

4. Does the same dialog also pop up while launching a PDF in a browser? Or does it only pop up while uploading.

Thanks

Ankit

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to ejdodson

Please post your reply again (via the forum website) since your last reply was blank.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to ejdodson

Could you please update your Reader installation to version 9.5.0 which is the latest full Reader 9.x release from Adobe.

Hopefully it should have the fix you need. You can get the installer for the same by going to http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise

Select your OS and the Reader version and language you want and download the installer for the same.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:44 PM   in reply to ejdodson

ejdodson wrote:

3. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the dialog that you are receiving.

Ed Dodson here:

Not that I can figure out how to do.

Use the camera icon in the forum editor to post the screenshot.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points