Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any way to fix issue with signing into DPS?

Apr 15, 2012 8:06 PM

Tags: #indesign #digital_publishing_suite #folio_builder #sign_in

Hi, I'm using InDesign CS5 on PC and have downloaded/installed FolioPanel-CS5-12_1_3 and FolioProducerTools-CS5-1-9-1 last week. However when I try to sign into Digital Publishing Suite using InDesign Folio Builder pannel I get an error message saying "Sign in failed. Please try again'.

I have varified the ID and have no problem logging into Adobe.com or Acrobat using the same ID. Would anyone know what to do to resolve this issue please? Thanks.

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 16, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to YellowG09

Try signing out of CS Live in upper right corner and then sign in to Folio Builder panel.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 16, 2012 2:52 PM   in reply to YellowG09

Have you ever been able to sign in to the Folio Builder panel?

You might want to try reinstalling the Folio Builder panel. Also, reset preferences when you start InDesign.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 7:11 AM   in reply to YellowG09

Hi all,

I have the same problem as YellowG09. I am a windows user. There is no way to logout from CS Live as a message appears saying that the login has failed. The Folio Builder fails as well and remains blocked...I have also reinstalled it...There is no way to change the user and the password which InDesign uses to login? Preferences or something so...

Many thanks

bye

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:28 AM   in reply to CaccamoAntonio

Hi,

I have the same problem when trying to connect through the Folio Builder Panel on my work PC. However, I can connect through the Panel in InDesign to the same Adobe ID on my home laptop.

I did log a call with Adobe technical support who responded with a series of IP addresses to test by "Pinging" them.

At this point I got an IT Technician involved who found that the connection got past all the servers within the company's network but was blocked at a server at the Company's ISP (Virgin).

The IT Technician wasn't able to help any futher and as the testing I was doing with DPS was kind of unofficial, I abandoned trying to upload anything from work and just saved everything in Dropbox and uploaded from home.

Oddly though, my home ISP is also Virgin!

Unfortuntely I no longer know the IP addresses we tested but this could point you in the right direction.

Simon.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to _S_KEMP_

I have been having the same issue for the past 3 weeks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 3:51 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Same problem as _S_KEMP_. It seems, the folio builder plugin has a problem, connecting the internet via proxy.

Is there a chance to edit the proxy settings of InDesign or the folio builder plugin?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points