Skip navigation
Dmitry Dulepov
Currently Being Moderated

Buy Ps CS6 right now

Apr 17, 2012 11:47 PM

Tags: #cs6_beta #photoshop_cs6_beta

Hello!

I would like to buy Photoshop CS6 right now and skip that annoying "Continue Trial" window that interrupts me every time when I open the file from Finder. I do not keep propgrams open when they are not in use. Starting Photoshop CS6 many times per day interrupts my work every time with that window. I would like to just pay and forget this window forever. I am ok with bugs and everything "beta". Just give me a way to work normally, please

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 2:03 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

it´s a beta.. you have to wait for the final.

i don´t think adobe will start to (official.. ) sell beta products.

but i agree that the beta reminder is a bit annoying... a reminder once a day would be enough.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 2:47 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

…smaller companies sell beta with a free upgrade to a full version. Not sure why Adobe can't do this if I want to buy now…

Because Adobe is far from a "small company".  It's a gargantuan bureaucracy with over 6,000 employees that sells literally hundreds of products.

The price for the final release of CS 6 hasn't even been set yet.  Procedures have to be followed.

Try going to Ford and demand that they sell you now a 2014 model while you drive one of their prototypes.  They will either laugh at you or call security to take you away in a straight jacket.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:18 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

HI Dmitry,

We are really happy that you liked CS6 Beta, but unfortunately there are no Serial numbers for it yet.

Please read the following thread to get more information:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/990411?tstart=30

Regards

Pragya

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 5:37 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

You are very confused about the meaning of "beta", Dmitry.  Beta is not the same as free trial, though in this case we are exercising the free trial capability of this beta. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

I assumed that the button to BUY NOW was put there so when you buy the CS6 you can click the button, enter serial mumber, update,  and you are done.  Will not have to download or load program from disk for the released version.

Could be wrong however, and it is just an annoying ploy.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:38 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

Dmitry-

Sorry about all the trial messages.

If you want to be notified when CS6 is released, sign up at the site below:

Thanks,

Pattie

http://www.photoshop.com/products/photoshop?notify=ps_cs6

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

It appears that that message is standard for the beta upon launch. Don't worry, it will not be there in the final version! Sorry you will have to wait. It won't be too long...

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

PS CS6 is a great product. I was on CS3 all this time and I love CS6!

What you can do is upgrade to CS 5.5 right now and then you'll get a free upgrade to CS6 when it comes out.  That won't change the behavior of the beta of course

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

Which upgrade option did you select in the Business store? And which product are you trying to purchase? If you're upgrading the Web Premium Suite from CS3 to CS5.5, then select "Upgrade from 1 Suite" (atleast for the North American store).

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to Dmitry Dulepov

Hi,

Yes Adobe's policy and stores don't allow for SKU "crossgrades" (ie. Suite to point product).

No. Adobe does not offer upgrade pricing for customers who wish to move from a suite edition to an individual CS component. For complete upgrade information for the product you are interested in, consult that product's buying guide page to determine which upgrades you are eligible for based on the products you currently own.

Before making a purchase decision, you may want to compare cost for new Ps CS5.5/6 full license, vs. Web Premium upgrade license, vs. Creative Cloud subscription. CS3 suite owners have until December 31, 2012 to get upgrade pricing.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points