Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 and DSLR that will edit well

Mar 18, 2012 9:02 AM

My Kodak digital camera (still only) is malfunctioning... so I am going to need a replacement one of these days

Depending on cost and features, I am thinking about a DSLR so I can select an option on the camera to take movies as well as stills

I have not paid a great deal of attention to discussions of DSLR video editing, other than to note that there are sometimes/often? problems with the codec

So... for CS5 (not CS5.5 or CS6... I do not have the budget to upgrade) which DSLR camera produces video that will edit in the PPro I have?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to John T Smith

John T,

Only from reading, and not from actual experience, it appears that the Canon D5 - D7 cameras do quite well, while the various Nikons (and I am a Nikon-guy) do not do so well.

Maybe others will have direct experience to help you decide.

Good luck and happy shooting (and editing),

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Take a look at the Panasonic GH2. 

No idea what they cost where you are.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2012 4:41 PM   in reply to John T Smith

John T,

If you have not done so, you might want to look at the used equipment section of B&H Photo, and also Calumet Photo. Both are great companies, and both have top-quality used gear. Might save enough to move up a notch?

Good luck, and share what you end up with, please,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to John T Smith

say, John, while you're at it.. doing your " outdoor spending " ....keep in mind a small patch of ground big enough for a refridgerator box with a nice patch of garden around it, a gravel path to the 'entrance' and some solar powered " night lights " on the path...

so I have some place to live someday.

YIPEE...ITS BEER THIRTY !

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to John T Smith

what does " direct to you sales " dot com mean? you selling tomatoes etc ?

wow, what a beautiful place. nice pics. thanks ! gives me some hope that if I become homeless I can look you up and beetle into that summer cottage in an emergency...despite no water etc....  just become part of the verdant foliage as it were...( wear camoflage pants etc ).

hehe.. nice place you got. as the birds cherp, butterflies flutter, cows moo, sheep bleat, and pet dogs wag tails, I will always remember your beautiful hacienda !

wanna buy some property in MN and hire me to be the gardener ?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 8:12 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Hi John, I've had a Canon 5D Mark II for a few years now.... highly recommend that with your budget you pick up one of those two Canon Rebels.

Matt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points