I have Dreamweaver CS 5.5 and I created my database in phpmyadmin. And I am currently only testing the site using XAMPP (apache & MySQL).
Ok so I've connected the db to dreamweaver. I setup a Recordset. And I think I did the following: Insert->Data Object->Recordset.
I now have a table setup with all the colums on it that I setup in my database. All the information is correct.
Now what I'd like to do is have this information present and a form beneath, or on a separate page, that will allow me to either amend the data or create new data. The database is a simple orders database with colums such as orderID (in ascending order 1-infinity) customerID/name, email, address, item ordered, etc...
Can I create something on my page with Dreamweaver so I can use, say, firefox to add information to the database?
Yes, this is a very common function and the logical next step to what you're doing. Here are a few high-level features that need to go into the application:
- admin user account with log in
- form with appropriate form fields and insert record behavior to add new records
- update form similar to inser form with insert new record behavior, contains a recordset to display a particular record, use data bindings to display data in form fields
- include links to these pages on the page you already made, show links only to logged in users with admin access OR
- replicate page and other record search functions in admin section of site, apply pagenrestrictionsnto those pages to allow only admin access
Those are the basics - you basically will be creating an admin back end to manage your database.
If you look under 'Building Applications Visually' down the left hand side menu you'll see 'Building a Record Insert page'
Forget the link I posted above its redundant
Try this one:
Europe, Middle East and Africa