Skip navigation
arthistorianphoenix
Currently Being Moderated

Issues with Commenting and Signing

Apr 18, 2012 11:01 AM

I'm using the latest update of version 10. When I have a document that has comments and I use the sign tool and then it saves the document the comments disapear. I've tried just about everything I can think of but it seems like after you use the sign feature it wipes all the comments and sticky notes out. Any ideas or fixes for this?

Thank you in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 12:14 AM   in reply to arthistorianphoenix

This is by design in Sign pane. If you add comments to a PDF and "finalize" it from Sign pane by clicking on 'Done signing' button which essentially flattens your PDF document, you wont see any comments in Comment pane. Can you elaborate on what are you trying to accomplish using the sign tool, so that I can suggest a workaround?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 3:47 AM   in reply to arthistorianphoenix

This can be done using the Sign pane without having to print the PDF/scanning pages after adding comments/signatures.

You can add text comments using the 'Add text' tool from Sign pane, add your signature using the 'Place signature' option where you can choose from 3 different signing options (typewritten signature, hand-drawn signature or importing signature from an image which can be a scanned image of your signature). After one person has added his comments and signature, you can choose to "finalize" the PDF which flattens the PDF so that the comments/signature of this person cannnot be modified by others. The next person can now add his comments/signatures on this PDF again. After all people are done with signing, you can attach the final PDF to your accounting program. This should work seamlessly.

Hope that helps!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points