Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Clearing the Brush in ACR

Apr 18, 2012 11:04 AM

Tags: #feature_request #acr_brush

One of the things I don't like is that when invoking the brush, there is no way short of going over all the settings returning them to -0- by hand. I at first thought the clear button did that but it only clears the image. Am I missing something? If not Please add a Clear All Settings button.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to Hudechrome

You can create Adjustment Brush presets. So you can create one that is "zero-ed out". To create a preset, go to the Adjustment Brush flyout menu (just to the right of the Adjustment Brush title, at the top of the settings). Choose "New Local Correction Setting..." and type in a name for the setting. Your current setting will be made into a preset that can be selected from this same menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

If we were to add a reset to default command to the tool, it would be in the exact same place as the preset would be, in the flyout menu. So if you create the preset, you are actually creating the function you are looking for. You could even name the preset "Reset to Default" and it would look no different than if we had added it ourselves.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,868 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to Brett N

Brett, that was useful to me as well, so thankyou.

I originally parsed the thread title as 'Cleaning Brushes' and had visions of white spirit, turps, and mucky water.   I shall be having nightmares about that now.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

Good point. The settings between the Adjustment Brush and the Graduated Filter are the same and connected. That may be a good idea to have them more separated, to have separate presets and settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points