Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

killer whale submarine or digital movie camera ?

Apr 16, 2012 11:38 AM

Jim's recent post re: canon's new digital motion pic camera prototype ( and probable cost of about $40,000 for the body ) must be offset with the new Killer Whale Submarine ( at $100,000), when I consider my upcoming move to MN lake region.

I ask myself, " Do I want to shoot movies with this camera and buy optimo lenses and primes etc ( not to mention geared head or steadicam etc ) , or since I'm moving to a lake region with a lot of fishermen ... get the whale ?

THAR SHE BLOWS !

About the only feature not included on the whale submarine is the spout...but there must be some way to get a water canon mounted to the thing....???

So the question is, with a limited budget etc, what should one do ??  Shoot by getting the latest hardware instead of just renting stuff when you have a job that can pay for it, OR get the whale and terrorize the lake trout, walleyes etc ???

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/11990

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to able123

Rod,

At first, I wanted one, and then got to thinking. It would be just my luck, that on the maiden voyage, a boat-load of Eskimos would come by and harpoon me, or perhaps a sperm whale would eat me. Somehow, playing Jonah is not my idea of a fun afternoon, especially as the sperm whale's stomach would be full of giant squid parts - e-e-e-uh!

Besides, the $100K price sort of puts that device into a special category of "I'd rather spend the $ elsewhere."

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points