• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to replace image that contains image maps?

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp HTML 8. Some of my help topics have an image that contains multiple image maps that allow the user to click to see, for example, field or button defintions about objects on that image. In the past, I was able to capture or create a new image file and give it the exact same name as the old image file (for example, ccm_assessment_shg.gif) -- the new one would replace the old one; and when I viewed the image in RoboHelp HTML, the new image would still contain all of the original image's image maps.

However, now I see an image file (.png) in one of my topics, and I'd like to replace it, but my old "replacing with the same name" process doesn't seem to work any more. What is my problem? How can I do this in RoboHelp 8? Is the problem related to the file should be a gif rather than a png? (I must confess that it's been several monthes since I worked in RoboHelp, so I may have just forgotten something. I can't find instructions about working with SHGs and image maps.)

Thanks much for any good advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Hi there

How exactly are you trying to replace the image? I ask, because if you are opening the Image dialog and working that way, you will likely lose the connection with image map regions. My own preferred method is to simply work totally behind RoboHelp's back by replacing the image using Windows Explorer. RoboHelp should be none the wiser as long as the file name and location remain the same.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

How exactly are you trying to replace the image? I ask, because if you are opening the Image dialog and working that way, you will likely lose the connection with image map regions. My own preferred method is to simply work totally behind RoboHelp's back by replacing the image using Windows Explorer. RoboHelp should be none the wiser as long as the file name and location remain the same.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, thank you! That worked perfectly -- In my image-editing program to name the new image file with the same name as the previous file, and save it directly to the folder of the previous file, replacing it -- NOT going though Robo's Image processes at all. And thankfully, the new image kept all the image-mapping of the previous file version. A real time-saver!

This is basically what I have done in the past; however since the file was missing "...SHG.gif" in the file name, I was worried that it might not keep the image mapping; but, "no problem," as it did keep the image mapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp