Skip navigation
dsbrune
Currently Being Moderated

Error calling selector function: type error: undefined is not a constructor.

Apr 18, 2012 8:41 AM

I get this error when I try to launch my website. I updated my Muse Website then uploaded the files to my web host. Now I get this error message when I launch my site. Help!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 9:01 AM   in reply to dsbrune

What's the URL for you site?

FWIW, most errors of this nature are caused by not all the exported files having been uploaded, or the access permissions on the uploaded folders not including read access (so the browser can't get to the scripts and/or css and/or images folder contents).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to dsbrune

The file musesprypanels.js contains bogus extra code at the end that's not part of what Muse generates. It's unclear whether this extra content is present because of some problem on your machine or if it was introduced as part of the upload process. I recommend re-exporting to a new folder (so all files are re-generated) and then re-upload at least the scripts folder. You could also open the index.html file in the local export folder to see whether the JavaScript error is reproducible with your local files. That would indicate whether the corruption to this particular file occurred locally or only on the server.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points