Skip navigation
Michael_Flynn
Currently Being Moderated

Olympus OMD EM5 RAW support

Apr 11, 2012 11:04 AM

Tags: #raw #olympus #omd

I'm sure I'm being a bit premature but when could we possible see support for the Olympus OM-D EM-5?  The camera is getting in the hands of the consumer (I now have one WOOHOO) and would love to have LR support it

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to Michael_Flynn

A week later and no one from Adobe can be bothered to answer?? This is one of the hottest cameras at the moment!!  I should have mine tomorrow and I'm pretty disapointed I'll have to use jpg or the sad Olympus software for raw .ORFs.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to dylanear

Adobe will NEVER answer that type of a question.  If you want an answer, it is that support for the camera will be provided when it is provided.  It's that plain and simple.  It doesn't matter how hot the camera is.  Updates usually come about four times each year.  If it doesn't make the next update then it probably will make the next one.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 2:51 PM   in reply to JimHess

Then Adobe should have responded and said that. We are in an Adobe forum right? I don't frequent these forums, perhaps they only exist for customers to speculate wildlly and Adobe doesn't participate. That would be pathetic.

This camera was anounced around the same time as the Nikon D800 and Canon 5D MkIII and I've been able to get one before the D800 has become generally available. So I don't know if it's Olympus or Adobe, but it's just sad it's not supported. Hopefully it'll make it into the 4.1 final release, but it's not in the 4.1 RC.

Not having a matching workflow between my Nikons and new Olympus will be a major annoyance. One of the major reasons I moved to lightroom was for the consistant workflow with many cameras.  I sure hope I don't have to wait 3 months until 4.2!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to dylanear

This is a user to user forum so the main participants here are users just like yourself. Not often you will see replys to posts of this nature.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:22 PM   in reply to DdeGannes

Good to know. Disapointing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers