Skip navigation
Krystle209w
Currently Being Moderated

Printing double sided by page count

Apr 18, 2012 11:54 AM

I need to print a large amount of pdf files. Within each file, contains statements for our clients. The boss has requested that these be printed front and back. The problem is that client’s statements are different page amounts some have 2 pages, other have 3,4,5,6, or even 7 pages. If I choose to print double sided and there is a client with 3 pages, the next client's first page will print on the back of my first client’s second page. If my statements are numbered 1of2, 1of3, 2of3, 3of3 etc.. Is there a script or way to have adobe print the way I am requesting?  I have Adobe Reader X on Windows 7 or Windows XP. Thanks in Advance!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to Krystle209w

If the statements are individual files they should not overlap when printing. Is this something you actually have experienced?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to Krystle209w

The only way this will work is if you insert blank pages so every employee has an even number of pages for their statement.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

One way to accomplish that automatically might be to set a Keep option for the style of the first paragraph in each statement that says "Start on next Odd Page.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to Krystle209w

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... this is not a question about InDesign, right? You're asking how to select 100 PDFs in Windows and print them all at one go using Adobe Reader X? 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:30 PM   in reply to Krystle209w

Krystie - See Joel's question

Have you placed pdf's into Adobe InDesign or is this subject specifically about printing pdf's from Adobe  Acrobat Reader.

Adobe has a dozen programs, you may be in the wrong forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to Krystle209w

Krystle209w wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about inserting a blank page for everyone to have an even number of pages, but given the amount of statements, it would be time consuming. Could you please explain to me about setting a keep option and what that entails? I apologize but i am not adobe savy.

This is predicated on making the documents in InDesign, then exporting them to PDF (those PDFs must come from somewhere). If you aren't making the PDFs from InDesign docs, then you're definitely in the wrong forum.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points