Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

new changes for the final cs6 release?

Apr 18, 2012 2:31 PM

Tags: #for #changes #bug #release #cs6 #final #fix #teh

i am testing cs6 for a while, an i am quite happy with the results.

that said i am wondering how much is going to be changed till the final release!

i found some small performance issues for me, so i was wondering if there would be any performance or GPU changes that probably gonna resolve the issues i found.

or any other changes at all? what should we expect from the final release compared to the beta?

thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to laden.m

The idea behind the public beta is to get users like yourself to test Photoshop CS6 in real world situations, so that the engineers can make any last minute bug fixes. Performance issues are one of their biggest focuses. They're trying to ensure that Photoshop CS6 runs smoothly with as many systems/graphic cards as possible. Of course, make sure your drivers are up to date is essential as well.

In terms of features, what you see is most likely what you will get in the final release. The beta is mainly to smooth out the bugs/performance quirks.

If you come across any bugs/performance issues, be sure to report them in this forum, along with a detailed report. FAQ: I found a bug. How do I write a useful bug report?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,905 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to laden.m

I doubt we'll see any major changes.  Just minor tweaks and bug fixes.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 4:25 PM   in reply to laden.m

On most Macs, driver updates are included in Software Updates, but if you're running on a Mac Pro, which allows for interchangeable cards, the drivers can be updated separately, if there are drivers available.

If you Spotlight (top right corner) "System Information", you'll see the graphics card that your system has installed. Click on Graphics/Displays on the left. It's probably either nVidia or ATI. You can check on the manufacturers website to see if there are updates available.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to laden.m

If you could also post your system info from Help > System Info

That might also give us more information as to what potential performances issues you're running into.

thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points