Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Video Play Bug?

Apr 18, 2012 1:33 PM

When I select a video clip it starts to play properly in the preveiw window.

If I mouse click ahead of the slider (to see further into clip) the screen freezes, but the slider continues to move forward and the audio plays.

One has to click pause, then play again for the video image to play.  It starts where the slider is.

Tried this with several videos.  THey all freeze frame when you mouse click ahead of the slider, but the slider continues to move.

Tired with .avi and wmv video.

Does not do this with CS5 on same video, but then CS5 was 32 bit.  Did not install 32 bit version.

Win7 64 bit

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to Curt Y

If you leave the video preview as "frozen" while the audio is playing, does the video eventually catch up to the audio and begin to play?

Sometimes depending on the way the video has been encoded skipping through frames can take a bit for players to catch up.

Have you tried with any .mov files? How do those behave?

Can you please paste your Photoshop's Help > System Info in the forum here?

Thanks!

Pete

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:37 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Hi Curt,

According to your description of the issue, I guess the video files you played in Bridge are stored on network not in your local disk.

Due to network limitation, there might be such kind of issue especially when you play the large frame rate videos.

If the videos file are stored in your local disk, and you still get the "frame frozen" issue, please let me know.

Thanks!

Alan Zheng

Bridge Team QE

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 12:45 AM   in reply to Curt Y

It's a little weird that all the video type you mentione avi, wmv, mov can be played well on my side without any frozen issue.

So could yoiu please upload one of your video file to following FTP server, then I can verify it with your videos to see if it's related to specific file.

server name: ftp://eftp.adobe.com   username/password: cust-dl2/d0wnt0wn

Once you finish the upload, please give me the folder path you created which contain the sample video.

Thanks!

Alan Zheng

Bridge Team QE

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to AlanZheng

I just tried the same thing here on a  short  .mov file. What Curt describes is correct. However if you click on the little icon just to the left of the speaker icon and it turns neon green, then the slider and video seems to work correctly. This is while using the briwser  video preview screen in upper right to view the video. I am using local drive for all disk storage on a failry fast PC with Win7 here.

MikeT.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 7:49 AM   in reply to AlanZheng

Well heck...I just tried a .wmv video I had rendered as a test. The file is 132 meg and exhibits the same freeze as Curt first described. With or with out the neon green icon lit. The test worked OK on the short .mov file if the green was on. Using the .wmv file, the audio stays on and runs to the end OK but the frames freeze to the point your slider is position. The Original video capture was done in two segments with an iPad 3rd generation and processed using CS-6 with audio added after placing the two video clips together. I had a problem clipping the Audio to the same spot at the end of the file. After rendering it, with the too long audio, I used Windows 7's Video processor (Wndows Live Movie Maker to add captions and effects and trim the audio) as it was just a test. Not sure that has any revelance to the freeze issue though..The Movie plays correctly with Windows Media player, and the iTunes video player as well se CS 6. Hope I described all this correctly..Just to be FYI. Here is a screen shot of the browser. Video frame would not capture though. I drew the green arrow to identify the icon I was describing earlier.

Just figured out the green icon. It is a continuous play button.

MikeT.

WMV test capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Well, it was an interesting exercise with video for sure. I normally do very little in the PS Browser, but looking at this latest one, I may change my habits on file storage and photo work. Good deal on the ATI card update to the latest driver. That also fixed a glitch I had on the 3D extrusion exercises I had been playing with. The latest ATI Driver seems to make my monitor better in tone displays. Release 12.3 worked good on my ATI Radion 4600 series. Happy Bug hunting..

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 11:20 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Actually, I'm able to reproduce this with the continous playback turned off.

If I turn it on, then I'm able to skip through the video using the timeline

Thanks for noticing! I'll make sure it's passed on.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points