• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you lock slide length?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a hassle whenever inserted objects stretch the length of a short slide. Is there any way to lock the length of slides so that newly inserted objects end at the slide's end?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I think you may be referring to your default settings.  If you set your Slide duration to the same as the Object duration?  Does this help.

ali

screen shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I beleive there is a option in the timeline to Lock the slide.

If you do  not see the timeline,make sure you click on the "windows" option on the top and check "timeline" from there and a new pod would be open at the bottotm and you will see the slide there and there would be a lock icon there on the left side and when you click it,the slide is locked.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks

Harpreet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Not to rain on your parade here, but if you locked the slide, you wouldn't be able to add any objects to it, no?

As I understood the original post, there was frustration because the Timeline changed when an object was added.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locking a slide locks it down completely, whereas I'd love a way to lock it from changing duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but there is no way I'm aware of to lock the slide duration. It will only adjust to the longest timed element. So as you have seen, if the slide is perhaps three seconds long and you insert perhaps a five second object, it will invariably adjust the overall slide duration to five seconds in order to accommodate the object.

Please feel free to submit a feature request to ask for a new capability to be added in a future version. The wish form link is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JP,

Lockign  a slide will competely Lock it.

If you want the slide to be displayed for a particular time,you can always select the time period you want the slide to be displayed via the Timeline.

That way you can add more objects to it.

Thanks

Harpreet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I offered a suggestion in another thread on this topic to change your object defaults durations to Rest of Slide.  That way, no matter how long or short the slide is, newly added objects will not extend it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources