Skip navigation
buzzero
Currently Being Moderated

I have a 16" mac book pro. The bottom of the Photoshop image window is below my screen view..

Apr 18, 2012 8:24 AM

I have a 16" mac book pro. The bottom of the Photoshop image window is below my screen view. I cannot shrink my Photoshop window!   I tried changing the Display what else can I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to buzzero

What happens if you click the little green button with the plus sign in the upper left of the document window?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to buzzero

In addition to the plus button, remember that you can resize the window from any edge. So you could drag down the top edge and then drag the entire window up.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:03 PM   in reply to buzzero

Not sure what the keystrokes are but you should try to reset workspace. 

In Windows it is Window/workspace/reset xxxx

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 9:56 PM   in reply to buzzero

buzzero wrote:

You cannot size the image window from any corner but the bottom right corner in Photoshop on a MAC

That was true for many years...but not anymore. Adobe started allowing window resize from any edge (not just any corner, but any edge) a couple of versions ago, on the Mac, to match Windows. On top of that, in OS X Lion, Apple itself now allows window resizing from any edge in any application. That said, even in Lion, I noticed that I had to move the Photoshop CS6 window edges away from the monitor edge before I would get the double-arrow resize pointer. Not sure if that's a bug. Here's a picture of what Photoshop window resizing looks like:

Photoshop-resize-any-edge.jpg

Also, if resetting workspaces doesn't work, you could try a complete Photoshop preferences reset. Start Photoshop CS6 and press Command+Option+Shift, and a reset dialog box should come up. Click OK.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points