Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Mac Lion 10.7.3, LR 4.1, CS6, Canon 5D Mark III and all the plug ins upgraded! Need the RAW update!

Apr 19, 2012 4:15 AM

Tags: #cs5 #raw #lion #mac #canon #lr #lightroom4 #4.1 #cs6-beta #raw_7 #5d_mark_iii_raw

My workflow has tripple because nothing wants to run smoothly! I am so bent because Adobe, Canon, Apple and every other plug-in software provider can't seam to get on the samer fricken page and I've spent BIG $ over the last 2 months trying to make everything run better... Where is the latest RAW?

I Purchased the Upgraded Adobe LR 4.1, CS6 Beta & got the Canon 5D Mark III, Mac Pro server update to Lion, WHEN is next dot release Camera Raw? My workflow has trippled in time because of this issue. I'm so frustrated with having to convert images in a slowed up piece of crap canon software package and then wait another decade for the newest LR to load the images I could crap fire! Come on Adobe, where's the release? After a few grand you'd think we'd get a better response time. As for Canon, they are not consistant with community software sharing and can kiss my *!! because to leave Adobe hanging sux!

There should be new laws that penalize jerks that screw with workflow!

Time is money, let's go Adobe!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 4:20 AM   in reply to pixcasey

You're not making a lot of friends here, which is not a good idea if you feel like you maybe want help from people here sometime.

You already opened a similar thread and posted to other threads similar. It already has been told to you that this is a user froum, it's not the Adobe help desk. So, it's an absolutly useless rant!

Adobe will release 4.1 when it's ready, and nobody except Adobe enginners do know when that will be.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 5:17 AM   in reply to pixcasey

Let's see:

5 Minutes of research would have told you about 5DMKIII support availabitliy but that is too much time to spend additionally researching a 15K purchase.

You paid 79.00 for the LR Upgrade and 14,000 plus for the rest of the package.

You bought a camera that was released after the 79.00 software.

You are using a Public Beta for the other software (no cost to you)

A Camera Raw release candidate with support is availabe. I(again no cost to you

Yet you say:

"Come on Adobe, where's the release? After a few grand you'd think we'd get a better response time. "

So far, you've paid 79.00

Finally: this is a user-to-user forum-not a direct conduit to Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to pixcasey

pixcasey,

You indicate you have PS5. If so, you may upgrade the ACR raw coverter to the 6.7 beta. Once you do this,

your 5DMarkIII files can be opened and worked in LR4.1RC and opened in PS5 and worked on per usual.

This does require PS5 to be entered as an external editor in your LR preferences. All my current NIK filters

are working with the NIK updates. Yes, there are still bugs in LR4.1RC and LR4, but it is all workable w/o

using DNG and all the workarounds will hopefully be resolved soon.

Just a gentle note, it has been observed that honey catches more flies than vinegar. 

asu_chic

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to pixcasey

Ah ha, there's the rub. CS6beta will not work yet with the 5DMarkIII raw files. CS5 will if you do the raw converter RC update.

I am sure we will all be happier campers when this all is in final form.  For what it's worth, honey still tastes better than vinegar

on my post toasties to me.  LOL  Heaping fuel on a fire does tend to make it get hotter, and it doesn't really matter where the

fuel originates from... it just ignites and burns.

Enjoy you new camera and stay frostie.

asu_chic

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points