Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

about thumbnails

Apr 17, 2012 7:46 AM

Tags: #drive #thumbnail

Hello,

Is it possible to register a thumbnail to an asset when we load it for the first time in the GetChildrenHandler class instead of GetAssetsHandler (as mentioned in the SDK documentation)?

I tryed to do it with those methods :

UpdateRecipe.getIdentificationData().getEtags().put(DataType.ICON, new ETAG(aTimeStamp));

UpdateRecipe.createIconData(myIcon);

But it doesn't display any thumbnail (in windows explorer or bridge).  (And in my case, It's kind of complicated to use those methods in GetAssetsHandler, because I receive all the thumbnail informations in one shot from my specifical DAM server when I receive all the children of a folder in GetChildrenHandler).

Thank you for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 4:05 AM   in reply to GuillaumeK

Hi

Ok, I think it is a special case for your DAM server, for performance consideration and Bridge extension requirement, Drive just wants to get the basic information in the GetChildrenHandle call.  you have to workaround this issue by using cache or some other similar ways

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 1:31 AM   in reply to GuillaumeK

One mistake in my previous answer, Please ignore it.

To enable thumbnails display in Br, first, you should set Capabiltiy.READ_XMP_META_DATA in you connector, then, you can provide thumbnail in GetChildrentHandler or in GetAssetsHandler, or other handlers, however during GetChildrenHandler call, Adobe Drive Core only requests basic data

hope it helps

Thanks

Gang

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points