Skip navigation
Pierre Fontain
Currently Being Moderated

EDGE animations and New iPad

Apr 18, 2012 5:44 PM

I've made a simple animation in Edge and put it in a 2048x1536 folio as a web content overlay. I created the animation at the exact pixel dimensions as it should be displayed on the New iPad, and it is placed in a frame of the same dimensions. The problem is once it is viewed on the iPad the animation seems to be scaling up 200% so you only see part of it and the rest is outside the frame. If I select 'Scale Content to Fit', the animation seems to be scaled to 50% - displaying smaller than the frame.

Does anyone have any advice? I've had success with Edge animations with the iPad 2 but when I try to adapt the same or similar animations for the New iPad, they're not displaying correctly.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Calculating status...
    Apr 19, 2012 12:45 AM   in reply to Pierre Fontain

I am building Edge animations at the same size I did for 1024 x 768 (I have built a series of animations that are 600 x 300) and they appear to work ok on both iPad 1 and iPad 3, I am not using any 'scale to fit'.

|
    Mark as:
  • Fernando Carreira the goodfellas
    50 posts
    Sep 29, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 6:44 AM   in reply to Pierre Fontain

Same problem here.

Even using HTML files in a 2048x 1536 stage.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to Pierre Fontain

Hey there, this is the same "problem" as with iPhone4. Apple decided to make websites not "broken" with the resolution so they decided to emulate the normal resolution (1024x768px). So you might need to use 10224x768px or you have to set this via meta viewport scale in your html.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to Pierre Fontain

I should have added in my earlier post that even with the iPad 3 I am continuing to build most pages in 1024 x 768 format. So far for me it is all working ok on the iPad 3.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 5:16 PM   in reply to Pierre Fontain

Hello! I have the same problem, did you really find the answer? Please, help!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 6:05 PM   in reply to Pierre Fontain

Thank you, Pierre, for your answer!

Unfortunately, I haven't any iPad right now to test this way. But I have another question ) Do you use png or pdf article format? In case of PDF there is no transparency in animation; and 1024x768 folios in PNG format looks bad on Retina.

And what is your time zone?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points