• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, the Photoshop Element download that I get for my new IMac is getting a "invalid checksum" error?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is a problem on my side...any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bsaucedo1,

It's my understanding that an "invalid checksum" error is a suggests that the file that you are trying to access is corrupt/damaged in transit to your computers disk. This could be because of an issue with network connection (yours or ours), or possibly damaged hardware. There's a disscusion on Apple's forums about troubleshooting this issue that might help you solve your problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1736023?start=0&tstart=0

Sorry I can't give you a more sure answer, I'll make sure to pass this on to one of our more experienced employees to try and help you out.

Tyler,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! I will - I may try downloading it again....thx!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on. the fix you're suggesting is from 2008! how does this have any bearing on an issue in 2011-2012? i've tried to download and install a trial of photosp elements for 8 hours!!! i have a 100mb internet connection so download only takes a few minutes, but i've done it 6 times now and without success. everytime i get an invalid checksum error. i've tried downloading from US, UK and Germany and always the same error - VERY frustrating. i've read the blogs and none of the suggestions work - even downloading on one mac and transferring the file to another for install.

any up to date advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Finder > Type Disk Utility > Preferences and simply unchecking the box that says "Verify Checksums" . Close Disk Utility. Then PSE dmg should open fine and the program should install without any issues.

(You might want to re-check the verify checksums box after you've finished the installation though because it's there to help prevent the installation of corrupted .dmgs that could potentially harm your computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did what you said and the installation got part way through before encountering errors...

i have 750mb of space so no issue there. any other ideas? As I said, 6 times I've downloaded the file and the same error every time and I got rid of cookies etc that was suggested in another blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish,

this didn't fix the problem as when I ran the install it failed so it does

look like the 6 times I downloaded software there is a checksum problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From are you downloading the software....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, UK, US and Germany. Really frustrating and am on the brink of

buying Pixelmator as I need to do some work today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download from here :-

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.html

and then .....It will be faster then before it is direct download link without the download manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I also accidentally downloaded Elements Premier (after the first Elements had a checksum error) and it installed just fine.   I downloaded Elements again and it had the same checksum error.  I'm now trying the direct download site suggested.  I hope it works.  No need to buy this product if I can't install it in the first place - and I really want to buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The direct download worked!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines