• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why can't I jump to the current slide this time?

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe captivate 5.5. I have a series of actions on a slide, and I wish that they could be replayed if the learner hits the "replay" button. In order to do this, I want to assign the action of Jume to slide (the current slide) to the "replay" button, so that the playhead can be reset to the beginning of the slide and everything can start over. However, the list of slides for this replay button doesn't include the current slide. I remember doing this in another situation and it worked fine.

Can anyone tell me why I can't jump to the current slide this time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

I just checked the project I did before where I was able to jump to the currect slide. It turned out that: if you directly assign the button to jump to slide on the properties panel, it won't include the current slide on the slide list; however, if you assign an "advanced actions", and add "jump to slide" in that advanced action script, then the current slide will be available in the slide list. Very interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that the default list of slides available to jump to does not include the current slide.  If you remember doing this before, it may have been in a different authoring application.

If you want to replay the current slide from the beginning, there are ways to do it using variables and advanced actions.  But the only way you'll be able to change the default behaviour of the Replay button on the playback bar is by using ActionSript 3 coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just checked the project I did before where I was able to jump to the currect slide. It turned out that: if you directly assign the button to jump to slide on the properties panel, it won't include the current slide on the slide list; however, if you assign an "advanced actions", and add "jump to slide" in that advanced action script, then the current slide will be available in the slide list. Very interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the solution with advanced actions, that Rod is pointing at, watch my blog post about micro-navigation:

Micro-navigation in Captivate

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources