Skip navigation
LadyAmada
Currently Being Moderated

Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10

Apr 19, 2012 9:37 AM

Tags: #links #uninstall #elements_7 #elements_10 #instruction

Hello,

Could somebody please help me?  I purchased a new laptop and I have to return it because it's been giving me a lot of problems.  I have to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10 before I return it.

Are there specific instructions and links to uninstall these 2 programs?

Or, can I just use the Windows uninstall programs to completely uninstall them?

Thanks for your assistance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to LadyAmada

Yes, uninstall from control panel, but be sure to go to Editor>Help>Deactivate before you do. (For PSE 7 there may not be anything there, since most versions of PSE 7 didn't have activation).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to LadyAmada

Now, for PSE 10 - By "Editor" do you mean that I have to open PSE 10 and then go to Help>Deactivate? Then, I have to uninstall it with Windows program? Will that totally uninstall it from the laptop? 

Yes, that's what you should do. The only thing that will totally remove all traces of all installed programs is to use your restore partition to restore the computer to where it was when you bought it, but uninstalling will remove the important parts of PSE. I would check in the editor's help menu for PSE 7, too, although there are only a very few ways you could have gotten a copy with activation on it that long ago.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 1:54 PM   in reply to LadyAmada

No need to do a System Restore just to uninstall PSE.  "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel is all that's necessary from a practical standpoint -- any remaining files or registry entries will do you no harm.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to photodrawken

Very true, but if you want to return the computer it's a good idea to do a restore anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Oh yeah, I missed that part.  A simple System Restore, then, would take care of everything in one swell foop -- it does a reformat.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to LadyAmada

No, the akai download manager is all done once you've finished downloading. I just wouldn't worry about it then. The worst case scenario is that if you want to install it on more than one more computer, you'll get an error message and have to have adobe reset the activations for you. Happens all the time when hard drives fail and so on.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 10:44 PM   in reply to LadyAmada

Oh, you don't go to regular support for activation. If you're in the US, you just call this number:

Software activation

866-772-3623
    Available 24/7

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points