Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
ericnmarc
Currently Being Moderated

Camera Raw 6.6 Update Fails With Windows 7 64

Apr 19, 2012 1:59 AM

I am running CS5.5 unders Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine.  I have a brand new install of Creative Suite Standard 5.5.  Two related problems: 1) When I use HELP>UPDATE I get a message that no updates are available but I know my Camera Raw is out of date. I can see that I am running Camera Raw 6.0.0.205 and I know that 6.6 is available (I need the new cameras supported in 6.6).

When I download and run the Camera Raw 6.6 update manually, I get an error meassage:

"Some updates failed to install.

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 Update. Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7"

I see that at least one other perosn had this same problem but there is no resolution specified.

Some additonal information:  When I manually download and run Camera Raw 6.5, it updates fine.  Then when I try to run Camera Raw 6.6, the install backs up to 6.0!  I am verifying that the 6.6 did not actually install by looking at HELP>ABOUT PLUG IN>CAMERA RAW.

I am also running LR4 and have some files in my database that require the new Camera Raw 6.6 (a new Sony Nex-7 Camera).  I am also running Photoshop Ellements 10 and have successfully updated that to Camera Raw 6.6. No problem. 

What is the deal here?  I'm at a loss and not sure where else to go on this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marc

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 2:17 AM   in reply to ericnmarc

We need to check the log file to put more light.  Use Drop Box http://db.tt/v0soB3XD to upload the log file if the issue doesn't get resolved after following the steps below.

Log File location: c:\program files(x86)\common files\adobe\installer

>> Uninstall Photoshop 5.1 from the Creative Suite Standard 5.5 installer.

>> Uninstall it from Control Panel - Program and features.

>> Restart the computer.

>> Install Photoshop from the Creative Suite Standard 5.5 disk.

>> Run the update.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to ericnmarc

You could ask in the ACR forum.... I get the ugly suspicion that this may be a compatibility issue since you are using multiple products, each of which has its own version to access ACR...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to Mylenium

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Camera RAW forum.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)