Skip navigation
sjgv
Currently Being Moderated

Blu-ray img Build Errors

Apr 18, 2012 11:03 AM

Tags: #settings #cs5.5 #blu-ray #encore #transcoding #timeline #building #bluray #encore_cs5

Hello, I have been trying to troubleshoot the reason I can't build my project into a BR IMG but I am now several days late and frustrated. I have a project that is approximately 3 hours in length shot in gh2 @ 1920 x 1080 24 fps (windows reads file properties as 23fps so I assume its 23.976 fps or drop frame) I have edited this project in Premiere pro with the 1920 x 1080 24fps progressive. So, the first test I did in Encore was to put one simple HD menu with just a play button and then I imported my edited premiereproproject using adobe Dynamic Link and set it in a new timeline. My encore project settings are  1920 x 1080 23.976 fps progressive mpeg2 codec.

The first time I did this It built the menu no problem and then went on to transcode the timeline and about 3/4 of the way done it popped a msg saying something about Error code "14" unkown error, this happenned again and again so I took another premiere project using the same settings but much shorter, only 3 minutes of footage, imported to the same encore project and built the image without a problem, so I know its nothing to do with the menu or apparently the video settings or transcode settings.

The second thing I tried after this was to use h.264 instead of mpeg2 and again, it built the menu and about 3/4 of the way popped the following msg:

adobe encore device not ready code 3 note: createstcsequence: fail to write m2s file

can anyone help me out with this last error code or preferably with the entire problem, my computer isn't all that great, I got this to just play around (core i3) (4gb ram) (win7) but you can imagine the hours it takes to build the 3 hour long project img. I am running out of time

thanks in advanced

sjgv

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to sjgv

sjgv wrote:

also, I thought Encore didn't have to transcode blu-ray legal AVCHD video such as the GH2's m2s files, any comments on that?

Only in passthrough. I have not done this.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 11:39 AM   in reply to sjgv

only 3 minutes of footage, imported to the same encore project and built the image without a problem, so I know its nothing to do with the menu or apparently the video settings or transcode settings.

Length of video can have an effect. What you did is a good test, but not a guarantee.

I understand the problem of time to transcode, but it is just a fact of bluray life. Keep using a short test first, but you will need a longer test.

When having problems with dynamic link, export from Premiere/Adobe Media Encoder so you separate the video transcode from the build. If you continue to have a problem, post a screenshot of your export settings.

Also, as a test, build to a bluray folder, rather than to a disk. I think the error code 3 is often disk related.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 3:09 PM   in reply to sjgv

I am not burning to a Disc yet, I am simiply trying to build the image in my hard drive.

Okay; that is the best way to test. What is the specific error message? The text in your original post looks odd.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to sjgv

An unusual error.

What happens when you try to play the .m4v with vlc?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 6:51 PM   in reply to sjgv

I am going to give it another go with Encore since apparently they both use AME (though I know it could matter, logically it shouldn't should it?)

Encore only uses AME if a) you set that as your Encore preference and b) you use "Transcode Now," rather than letting it transcode during the build. I prefer using transcode now, since it makes troubleshooting easier by separating the transcodes from the rest of the build.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 11:54 AM   in reply to sjgv

Yes, try ame. But the progress to the error suggests that the transcodes may be okay.

The folder you describe sounds like it was not making an iso, but building to a folder. (Which is fine as a test.)

Look for the folder in your Encore project folder (not the BD build location) for the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder. Is there lots of stuff in there?

And do this:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2934387#2934387

I don't think this should fix it, but I wonder what's going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to sjgv

Make sure the markers are Encore markers.

However you create the Encore project, be sure to pick H.264 as the default and an appropriate datarate.

Caution: the transcoding is best tested, but you can't test automatic unless you are doing your whole disk. I know you're late, and this is when machine speed helps you hugely.

If you have more than one sequence, open the Encore project and do the dynamic link from there; if only one, you can do it from Premiere or from Encore. In Premiere, seelect the sequence you want, then File -> Adobe Dynamic Link -> Send to Encore. From Encore, File -> Adobe Dynamic Link -> Import Premiere Pro Sequence. Then Select the project on the left, then on the right, select the sequence.

Check to see that each of these PR sequences show "Automatic" in the Bluray Transcode settings. (You may need to scroll to the right in the project panel to see this.) There is a lot more to this, but start there.

If a timeline is not created with the PR sequence, select the sequence and select New Timeline. Rename the timeline so you can tell it is the timeline and not the sequence. Not essential, but it may help you avoid confusion.

Re AME in Encore, select Edit -> Preferences -> General. Then check Transcode Assets Using Adobe Media Encoder Application.

Complete all your menu work etc. before you transcode. Select one (or all) of the PR Sequences (not the timelines). Right click and pick "Transcode Now."

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points