Skip navigation
MutantOne
Currently Being Moderated

Clicking the Stamp tool doesn't select the most recently used stamp - Acrobat X

Apr 19, 2012 12:38 PM

Tags: #comments #acrobat_x #commenting #stamps #acrobat_x_std #markups

My issue is pretty much what the title says. Clicking the Stamp tool doesn't select the most recently used stamp. According to the Help screens and training videos, it should. I've checked Edit > Prefernces and could not find a setting that adjusted this behavior of the Stamp tool. Does anyone know what can be done to fix this? BTW - It's not just my installation of Acrobat X. Other users at my firm are having the same issue. The OS is Windows 7. Users have administrator rights. Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 4:00 AM   in reply to MutantOne

The most recently selected stamp does not become the default selection the next time. However you can select a stamp (by clicking on it) and then click on the stamp annotation dropdown and click on the link "Add current stamp to favourites." and then it will be displayed in the list of stamps that can be seen on the top.

favouriteStamp.jpg

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Abhilasha

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,669 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to MutantOne

You do have the option to keep the stamp selected. To do so, first display the Properties toolbar (Ctrl+E), then select a stamp, and you should see the "Keep tool selected" check box in what is now the "Stamp Tool Properties" toolbar. Select it and you can place the stamp multiple times without having to reselect it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points