Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not installing

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I have a brand new out of the box iMac. I tried installing Flash Player but the progress bar stalled at 95% for several minutes. I quit the installation and tried again but got a message that the installation failed. Tried a few more times to no avail. The troubleshooting site did not help. Any ideas?

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Could you try the following steps for me please?

1. Mount the Flash Player .dmg file

2. Right click on "Install Adobe Flash Player" and select "Show Package Contents"

3. Navigate into "Contents", then "Resources"

4. Double click the file "Adobe Flash Player.pkg"

5. Follow through the installation steps

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChrisC;

When I try Step 2, I get a request to enter my password (which is another constant irritant I need to fix). After entering my password, I get the message that installation failed.

ChrisA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you right clicking on step 2?  You shouldn't be getting prompted for your password until you double click on the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChrisC;

After a good night's sleep, (shut down and start-up – for me and the iMac) I tried it again the "normal" way. It worked. Thanks for your help.

ChrisDx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, glad to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines