• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slides were reset to "Continue"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a project that was nearly complete. There are about 160 slides with click boxes all over them. I had the navigation finished a few days ago, and I know I saved it periodically while I was working on it...fairly often. It took me 3 days to build this thing. I even did a preview in the browser numerous times and everything was working great.

So I go to open the project today and ALL of the click boxes were changed from "jump to slide" with the correct slide numbers, to "continue."

It took me 3 days!!!! And now I have to do it all over again

Is this an issue anyone else has seen? Is there a way to avoid this in the future? The only thing I can think that might help is to save a few backup copies on external storage or something.

Thanks in advance for any help you may have

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vague memory about there being some internal limit on the number of interactive objects that a single project file could contain. I know it was somewhere in the hundreds.

How many click boxes do you estimate you would have in this project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe around 700, not sure. It's a BIOS simulation for a laptop. I've made other projects this large and there were no problems, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well 700 click boxes sounds like too many to me.

If you don't have a backup version of the project where everything was working, you'll need to set them all up again.  But personally I would be trying to find a way to reduce the number of click boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm about halfway through assigning the click boxes to the proper slides. I started rebuilding it yesterday. From everything I've been reading (I've been trying to find as much information about the limitations of the software), there is no limit on the amount of click boxes allowed, but I'm doing my best to slim the project down anyway. That is not to say that the project may or may not become buggy with so many, but so far I can't find any set limits on the amount of click boxes you can use.

At least the keybord assignments are all still right, so thats saving me some time

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources