I have upgraded and updated to RoboHelp 9. Opened my project and it upgraded correctly. Yesterday, the topics opened in the workspace, today they don't.
I have double-clicked the topic and nothing happens. Right-clicked and selected Edit Topic and nothing happens. The Starter is the only thing in the workspace. Same problem whether on C: drive or server. It generates fine and it previews fine, just won't open for editing.
As I said, I performed the updates, thinking that was the issue, but it wasn't (I did see a similar topic for RH 7 but figure 9 is different, yes?).
So what's changed in your machine's environment? Did IT install some new virus scanner or change your permissions? I assume you have a back up of your original project - does a copy of that upgrade fine? Where's your project located? Can you open up the demo projects & play around with them fine?
I'd like to say nothing's changed in the environment, but it's a corporate laptop, so virtually anything could have changed. No virus scanner or change in my permissions and nothing said there was an update.
Yes, I have several backups and the one's I've opened have the same problem (I, of course, won't open all of them). Located on the C drive.
I have opened demos and have the same problem. So does a new project.
Before doing the reinstall hokey pokey, see if the following steps help it.
Click Tools > Options > File Association.
Ensure Design View <Internal> is default.
Ensure "Use Default Editor" is configured.
Helpful and Handy Links
Oooo, that might be it. There is nothing in the HTML Editors box and Auto-select Editor was selected. I've switched to Use Default Editor, now how do I get the Design View <Internal>?
* When I go into Options I get a RoboHelp HTML Internal Error: Can't get right editor's information (which I assume is because there isn't one in there),
* The HTML Editors Add, Remove, Edit and Set As Default buttons are greyed out.
And some follow up because many bullets corrected but after further review, many didn't. The fault was that all files were mapped to a master page BUT styles were used in the original that didn't exist in the new master page, so those styles converted to "none" and did funky things. To make matters further involved, when generating, a different style was told to Apply to All (or somesuch verbage). So I had to go through and fix everything and in the process discovered whoever wrote the training material was less-than-skilled and the whole thing needed a rewrite. So all in all, a strong, if frustrating, learning experience. Again, thank you to all who pitched in. I am amazed at the support and skill of professionals who freely give their time.