• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash NTLM Authentication Issue

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is having a major impact for many users in my account.

The users are testing streaming course ware delivery over the Internet and also hitting the proxy re-login prompt.

The problem with them is that after re-logging in the course restarts at the beginning.

So it is not a fit for purpose environment for this application currently.

The same problem occurs for companies webcast through Internet.

Recent test with the users have confirm the issue occurs using the following version of flash:

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.1.102.55

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.1.102.62

The Shockwave Flash NTLM authentication issue is characterised by the following packet sequence: WS sends Request to Server. Server closes the TCP connection without a response to the request. The WS establishes a new TCP connection and resend the request with previous NTLM Authentication details (ie does not go through the correct NTLM handshake for proxy authentication failure and the browser to pop for user credentials.

When the above occurs,

• NTLM authentication screen popup up, entering credential again didn’t resume video. I had to reload the page to resume video from the beginning.
  • No popup, but the video resumes from the beginning when there was a prolonged delay.

The problem occurs on Windows XP SP3 with IE7 or IE8 with Flash Player 11.1.102.62

Is the problem a known issue with Adobe Flash Player ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue (as attached), I believe, is to do with users accessing http://www.media-server.com/m/p/db5o3sdq, where the user is prompted for authentication while the page is already being accessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please provide any steps, URL and login information, or sample code/application available.  If you'd like to keep these private, please feel free to email them to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Do you know what version this started occurring with?  If so, please add this information to the bug.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I have submitted Bug 3143847.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=newBug

David,

If you have any relevant attachment or additional notes, you could add to the bug reported.

Also, you could vote on this bug as I could not vote on this bug.

Regards

PETER LEE

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter.  As mentioned, I'd like to encourage anyone affected by this issue to please visit the following bug, vote for it, and let us know how it impacts your business.

Bug 3143847 - Adobe Flash NTLM Authentication Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The bug report states can not reproduce. I understand the problem and am happy to help Adobe understand if they want to email me and organise a webex.

The problem is associated with the way IE handles NTLM on a new connection. When performing a POST request, it will make two requests: the first contains a type1 NTLM token and no body, and the second will contain the type 3 token and the body. It does this because it expects to perform NTLM authentication as NTLM is connection not session based, and hence for efficiency, it doesn't send the POST body on the first request (knowing a second request will be required).

The POST request initiated by the Flash application is only made once, so it presents a POST request and no body with the type 1 token to the web server (ie IIS, or some Java implementation such as SSO Plugin), and does not make a second request with a type 3 token and the body. It gives up and automatically prompts the user for a username/password, which is the wrong behaviour when the browser is in the Local Intranet zone and the web server responded with a type 2 token.

I can reproduce this easily and it is a serious bug: it means that any Flash application that is accessed via Integrated Windows Authentication and IE will fail when trying to make a POST request, such as uploading a file from the user.

John

--

SSO Plugin for BMC, HP and more.

http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/ssoplugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thanks. I hope Adobe will contact you soon.

Regards

PETER LEE

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please do not post private information like email addresses and telephone numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I didn’t know replying email would end up in the forum.

Thanks for letting me know.

PETER LEE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've not had any response from Adobe. It's about time we got this issue resolved and I can provide a Fiddler trace if my lengthy explanation was not clear enough. I'm happy to provide a webex to demonstrate the problem, if this would be of help to Adobe.

Please contact me via email to arrange the next steps.

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

We haven’t got any response from Adobe either. See attached.

Regards

PETER LEE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took a look at the bug report and it looks like the last message from Adobe was a request to test this against 11.3.  Since there was no response until today, it's possible we were waiting on a response before continuing.  I know this doesn't sound optimal, but with your response we should take a look again.

I'd also like to once again encourage everyone affected to vote for this bug.  We have a limited number of resources available for each upcoming release.  A bug with just a single vote might not garner the same attention as one with 30+ votes.

Bug 3143847 - Adobe Flash NTLM Authentication Issue

That said, this looks similar to another bug I was reading yesterday that should be fixed in our beta 2 release (scheduled for early to mid next week.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris,

Thanks for the update.

Regards

PETER LEE

Production Engineering NSW

HP Enterprise Services

Telephone +61 2 9012 5257

Mobile +61 414 886 757

Email peter.lee3@hp.com

Level 4, 36-46 George Street, Burwood NSW 2134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines