Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS 5.5.2 no HDV export to tape!!

Apr 20, 2012 8:56 PM

Please help me make HDV export to tape work

With Windows 7/Prem Pro CS 5.5.2 & a I7-2600 (2nd gen) processor/No CUDA

Can't get the greyed out area to go black and access this function  no matter what's tried.

Camcorder is a Canon A1s

1) Turned auto save off.

2) Disabled all unessential processes including the internet and all security apps.

3) Tried exporting straight from the project timeline and also as a single file.

4) A1s is connected properly to the PC because HDV Split recognizes the cam just fine for importing.

5) Software processing engine only/No CUDA.

6) Device control is HDV/DV.

7) Followed all online advice and how to's on the subject that I could find.

8) Selected the timeline. Work task bar covers the project 100%. Stem to stern.

Am I just unlucky or what?

Please me rescue the situation as I want to archive to tape.

Is there a known conflict with the A1s and CS 5.5.2?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2012 6:26 PM   in reply to Nikon D90 Gent II

This is about capture, but may help

Legacy Driver and Capture http://forums.adobe.com/thread/869277

- And a Picture http://forums.adobe.com/thread/727755

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to Nikon D90 Gent II

It may be as simple as activating timeline, I know you say you have but, check it again, I.e., make the border go yellow by clicking on it .I have been exporting from( capture) and EXPORT to a Canon HV20 as it plays AI tapes similar set up for 4 years and now CS5.5.2 for 9 months with NO issues ,

otherwise contact Canon Service, good luck

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 11:44 PM   in reply to Nikon D90 Gent II

Hi Bruce,

You could of course archive to blu-ray using the Dynamic Link in to Encore CS5.1, just make sure the data rate is above 25mbps for the 1440 x 1080i tape, we have done 10 using this and I cannot tell the difference with the Canon 5D's Mark II at 1920 x 1080p @35mbps on a Sony Bravia 46"Full HD.

The tape Export should work , it does here, turn off the HDV Split if you can, it may be faulty. ? Incidentally CS5.5.2 is the all round  best editng program since Premiere Pro 1.5.1,but, for sheer speed Sony Movie Studio Platinium 11 with AVCHD, HDV and H.264 mov at 1/10 of the price is outstanding.

Ps . I found an issue with CS5.5 , so make sure your .2 upgrade has worked.That is, the internet download is not corrupt.

Message was edited by: Bob Dix Photographer

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 6:00 PM   in reply to Nikon D90 Gent II

It may not be any good using the trial version as mpeg 4 or mpeg-2/HDV codec may not be included. (although I thought they were ?)

Regarding Encore CS5.1 which is included with CS5.5.2 , it will give you a choice of any number of codecs,but,you can choose the data speed, in the case of Canon XH A1 @HDV 1440 x 1080i it will not be mpeg 4 as that is from  an amature AVCHD at say 15mbps, choose 25 mbps @ 1440 x 1080i anamorphic as that is the rate of the XH A1 or higher as that is a professional rate and quality is retained.

Note : If you trial Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11 )@ $119 AUD or less, (check for upogrades) it will have all the codecs including mpeg-2/HDV and will run on a 2GB min Duo-Core processor in 32 bit, it will run faster with a CUDA Video card (it is extremely fast with HDV, mpeg-4, H.264mov etc) . I used it occasionally as it has a very good video stabilizer at no extra cost ; CS5.5.2 needs a 64 bit computer. and you will need to buy Adobe After Effects for it's decent Stabilizer (The Warp stabilizer is now apparently included in CS6)  @ about $1550 or ProDAD Mercalli V2 Pro as a plug-in for Premiere Pro @ about $250 from Germany or ProDAD 's East Coast of USA Centre. There is no need to convert the codecs in either product for ease of editing on either timeline. You do not need to buy the Production Suite to run Premiere Pro CS5.5.2 .

I find the interface of CS5.5.2 is better and wonderfull to use, but, you will need to adapt to their Adobe's Minimum System Requirements re; Computer, and I use an CUDA approved Nividia Quadro FX 3800 which is a distinct advantage.I have been with Adobe for over 7 years since the beginning with mpeg-2/HDV and PP 1.5.1 which is still very good but, cannot handle AVCHD or H.264mov 1920 x 1080p

Good luck (CS5.5.2 is Adobe's best video editing product in 7 years)..Looks like CS6 is on the way ?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 5:04 PM   in reply to Nikon D90 Gent II

All the best Bruce,

See my coments above

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status