Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Bug Report: Pen tool points offset from cursor

Apr 20, 2012 2:54 AM

Tags: #photoshop #bug #points #paths #cs6 #cursor #pen_tool #offset

Hello,

I want to report the current behavior change of the pen tool. In current and older versions, clicking with the pen tool on the canvas, created a point that was exactly centered with the cursor's center point, as expected.

Now, in Photoshop CS6, clicking on the canvas with the pen tool results in path points created not in the same spot where one clicks, but offset a couple pixels.

For people who, like me, use the pen tool a lot and do it fast, this change translates into lower precision when creating paths as, when the new points are created, if they are offset, the whole last leg of the path changes position.

Can we expect that to be corrected for the final version?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to palonazo1

Hello there, this happened to me so I stopped using the pen tool. Then all of a sudden it corrected itself, works beautifully!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to palonazo1

What OS version?

And have you updated your video card drivers? (because so far this sort of issue always turns out to be caused by bugs in the drivers)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to palonazo1

Open Preferences>General>uncheck Snap Vector Tools and Transforms to Pixel Grid.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 2:07 AM   in reply to palonazo1

This feature is not so useful. Let me clarify. When I create new shape I need snapping to grid, but when I edit I don't need it. So I have to turn on\turn off every time it in preferences In CS5 I had just turn snap on in shape properties and free edit it with no snap to grid. It's much much better for me in CS5 than in CS6. Am I alone?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points