Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Slides were reset to "Continue"

Apr 19, 2012 2:15 PM

Tags: #to #reset #slide #jump #click_box #slides #continue

I had a project that was nearly complete. There are about 160 slides with click boxes all over them. I had the navigation finished a few days ago, and I know I saved it periodically while I was working on it...fairly often. It took me 3 days to build this thing. I even did a preview in the browser numerous times and everything was working great.

So I go to open the project today and ALL of the click boxes were changed from "jump to slide" with the correct slide numbers, to "continue."

It took me 3 days!!!! And now I have to do it all over again

Is this an issue anyone else has seen? Is there a way to avoid this in the future? The only thing I can think that might help is to save a few backup copies on external storage or something.

Thanks in advance for any help you may have

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 8:43 PM   in reply to mnealonjr

I have a vague memory about there being some internal limit on the number of interactive objects that a single project file could contain. I know it was somewhere in the hundreds.

How many click boxes do you estimate you would have in this project?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to mnealonjr

Well 700 click boxes sounds like too many to me.

If you don't have a backup version of the project where everything was working, you'll need to set them all up again.  But personally I would be trying to find a way to reduce the number of click boxes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points