Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop cs6 beta trial stopped working.

Apr 3, 2012 2:19 PM

Tags: #bug #trial #installation #expired #photoshop_cs6_beta #ashinst

Hey guys,

Photoshop CS6 Trial stopped working for some reason. I didn't change anything on my computer (like the time as posted in other posts) or anything else. It just stopped working out of no where. It was working fine yesterday morning, and by yesterday afternoon it stopped letting me get in. The "Continue Trial" button just is not selectable anymore... When I installed it originally, I did sign in with my ID also, so I don't know what the issue is. Any suggestions?

Here's a screensho (click for larger view)t:

Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 1.28.40 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to msamuel1234

Have you set your clock or date and time back?

Make sure they're set to the current date, and time...After that, reboot and try again.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to msamuel1234

This window pops up now when you try to launch and the continue button does not work?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to msamuel1234

msamuel1234,

I'm sending you a private message with request for some files

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to Pete.Green

I'm having the same problem with the beta.  I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and today when I try to start photoshop, it won't let me click the "continue trial" button.  I haven't changed my clock at all, nor did I uninstall the beta.  I'm running Windows 7 64-bit,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to msamuel1234

I'm having the same problem. Shows 00 days left of trial and can't click on "Continue Trial"

Any help would be awesome. Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to camcheline

Can the two of you -- Jason.slack15 and camcheline

Send me an email containing 3 files to petgreen [at] adobe.com

• oobelib log
    • amt3 log
    • PDapp log

You can find them at the following locations:

On Mac:
    oobelib log and amt3 log are in /tmp

From the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu, then type “/tmp”  in the box. It will take you there.

PDapp log is in /Users/<User_name>/Library/Logs

From the Finder, hold the Option key while clicking the GO menu, and choose library

On Win, all 3 files are in.

\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp

Thanks!

Pete

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to Pete.Green

Are you two still having trouble?

I didn't receive any emails from you, so maybe you haven't seen this thread yet.

Here's the Bump, and I'll send you both private messages as well.

Thanks!

Pete

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 12:14 AM   in reply to Pete.Green

Thanks a lot for sharing the log files. We looked at the log file and determined that the Trial is expiry for Photoshop CS6 on the users machine and so Photoshop CS6 stops working. Correspondingly the "Continue Trial" button on Adobe Application manager (AAM) becomes disabled.

Below are more detailed response for different users:

User camcheline:

It seems from the log file that the Photoshop CS6 Trial license has been expired as on date 2012-04-18. This could be because of any prior Photoshop CS6 pre-release build installed and its Trial been consumed. Further user tried to wound back his system clock to some past time which is 2012-01-02. User later corrected the system clock to 2012-04-18 and tried again but this could not helped as Trial was actually expired. This gets confirmed from the following log statements-

2012-04-18 10:35:56 [15749]  SLCoreService: Query license: type = 1, duration = 60 days, remaining = expired.

2012-01-02 10:34:22 [15739]  SLCoreService: Query license: type = 1, duration = 60 day, remaining = expired (clock is wound back).

2012-04-18 10:35:56 [15749]  SLCoreService: Query license: type = 1, duration = 60 days, remaining = expired.

Note: Trial license of Photoshop CS6 pre-release build and Public Beta build shares the same Trial license (with little variation). 

Once the Trail has expired there is no way to get it back. User can enter Serial Number and start using Photoshop CS6 again.

User Jason.slack15:

Photoshop CS6 Trial license has started on date 2012-01-10 and expired on date 2012-04-09 which is fine and expected. This is confirmed from the following log statements-

2012-01-10 11:44:00 [3292]  SLCoreService: Query license: type = 1, duration = 90 days, remaining = 90 day(s) 0 seconds.

….

2012-04-09 14:09:43 [3360]  SLCoreService: Query license: type = 1, duration = 90 days, remaining = expired.

Once the Trail has expired there is no way to get it back. User can enter Serial Number and start using Photoshop CS6 again.

Thanks and happy to help,

Ravi Agrawal

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to msamuel1234

I had the same issue, but after changing my clock. Changed it back and CS6 beta now works again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points