Skip navigation
Mathias17 451 posts
Feb 20, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Activated fonts not found in the font list.

Apr 19, 2012 8:30 AM

A constant problem - active fonts not found in the font list.

And often when I can find trouble fonts, they're not correctly alphabetically ordered. I understand this may be the fault of the font author - not saving the correct screen name for the font so it matches it's actual name.

Here's a strange case - Homestead. An approach to typography I've never seen before - you're meant to layer up multiple instances of the same text object and alter it's subset of the Homestead family. But activate the whole family and you'll never find more than one of it's family members at a time. Activate just one and you'll find it (not in alphabetical order, though). Deactivate that one and activate another - now you'll find it. This makes it's very cumbersome to use the font as intended. What is Aunt Illy doing here and why?

will I ever get along with fonts . . .

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to Mathias17

You have a font conflict on your machine. Clear your font cache, you must have another font conflicting. The whole family loads for me, and shows in Illustrator.

There are many products to clear your cache the one below is free for mac

http://homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/fontfinagler/

You can also find and delete all your .lst files, or use font doctor or Font Explorer X Pro

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points