Skip navigation
ejenkins5
Currently Being Moderated

How to set selecting a page to whole page instead of sections?

Apr 19, 2012 7:24 AM

Tags: #acrobat #pdf #highlight

Hello all and thanks in advance for the help.

I have users that are on acrobt 9 and we have to print to image our documents so they can not be modified and we submit them.  I have 5 users that use this feature and the new users that print to pdf (with print to image selected) their documents, once they are opened, and you click on the page it selects sections of the page instead of the whole page.

I would like for once they are printed to pdf with print to image selected, and you open the document and click on the page for the whole page to be highlighted in blue when I click on any part of the page.   The new users have the page divided up into 8 sections.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 11:33 AM   in reply to ejenkins5

When printing to PDF, image data is optimized for storage by splitting large images into sections - this is to ensure that it displays correctly and efficiently. Disabling that feature would introduce other problems.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to ejenkins5

Unfortunatelyly this image splitting seems to be something WORD 2007 and 2010 do to information sent to the Adobe PDF printer. I have no idea why, but it seems to be what is happening. This has been an issue ever since the new versions of WORD were released. The result does not occur with WORD 2003. Unfortunately this does not provide you with a solution, but may explain your problem to some extent. As far as I can tell, it is a quirk of MS Office. It is interesting that when you use the PDF addon from MS, the graphics are fine. However, the plugin may not be able to obtain a graphic PDF as you want.

An alternative (not normally recommended) is to print the PDF you have to another PDF with the print as graphic selected. That one may give you full page graphics like you want. Unfortunately this is an extra step.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points