Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor

Apr 19, 2012 10:35 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to Community Help

Is there no way to change the font and size when this information is printed?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 10:27 PM   in reply to jackrumpole

What information printed where?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 1:01 PM   in reply to Community Help

When one prints a page of thumbnails with metadata text as chosen using the Text Template Editor it always comes out center-spaced in a sans-serif font at something like 10pts size and there seems to be no way to change this as far as I can tell.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 2:03 AM   in reply to jackrumpole

No, you can only change the font size as described here.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to Dorin Nicolaescu-Musteață

Thank you. That answers my question. And knowing at least how to change the font size helps a little.

___

Alan Graham McQuillan

amcq@studio7190.com

www.galleryMontana.com

___

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2012 6:41 PM   in reply to Community Help

Is there anyway to use a column from an Excel file to use as filename in tethered capture?

This may be useful when taking photos of a group of person which have a list of their name, for example, students.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Aug 27, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to hmdiy

Hi hmdiy.  No, there isn't.  There are probably some very roundabout workarounds using a combination of plug-ins.  Are you only shooting one picture of each person?  And are you doing this often?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 5:47 PM   in reply to Victoria Bampton

Hi Victoria

Thank you very much for your reply. I take one pic for each person, if I find it not good I will take another one immediately. I do this at least once a year but I take almost one thousand pics each time because I do this for the whole school.

Thanks for sharing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Aug 28, 2012 1:25 AM   in reply to hmdiy

There's a plug-in called LR/Transporter which will allow you to import data from a csv file.  http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrtransporter.php

The theory would be something like this:

Shoot tethered as normal, with a standard sequence number filename (i.e. 0001-1000)

Create a csv file with sequence number (0001-1000) as one column and student name for the other column

Use that plug-in to match up the csv sequence number column with the current filenames, and copy the student name data to a field that LR can use for renaming (i.e. Title or Caption)

Batch rename the files set to the Title/Caption field containing the student name

I'm sure you can come up with a more effective workflow (you may not even need to rename, just importing the data may be enough) but you get the idea?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 3:19 AM   in reply to Victoria Bampton

Hi Victoria

Thank you very much for your info. i tried to reply you at the forum but is out of service so reply you via email. Roughly I understand the idea but have to figure out and try first.

All the best!

E T

豈能儘如人意,

但求無愧於心!

問為何常存空想  愁病誰可免

是眾生必須經過   四苦根本是平常

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 02:25:35 -0600

To: twtai@hotmail.com

Subject: Re:  The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor

Re:  The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor

created by Victoria Bampton in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

There's a plug-in called LR/Transporter which will allow you to import data from a csv file.  http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrtransporter.php The theory would be something like this: Shoot tethered as normal, with a standard sequence number filename (i.e. 0001-1000)Create a csv file with sequence number (0001-1000) as one column and student name for the other columnUse that plug-in to match up the csv sequence number column with the current filenames, and copy the student name data to a field that LR can use for renaming (i.e. Title or Caption)Batch rename the files set to the Title/Caption field containing the student name I'm sure you can come up with a more effective workflow (you may not even need to rename, just importing the data may be enough) but you get the idea?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re:  The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re:  The Filename Template Editor and Text Template Editor. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 4:05 AM   in reply to Community Help

In Lightroom, I want to rename my images, based upon the image name and its mapping in a CSV file. Ideally, I would want something like this:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/9kko4.png

When the user after editing goes to Export under File menu. Inside the File Naming panel above, one should be able to input the CSV file containing the mapping. Hence once exported, the new Images will be named consistently with what I need rather than the default ones provided by LightRoom.

Using the plugin LRTransporter one can do it while Importing images (storing the new name under Caption and then renaming all using Batch Rename). But it is tedious.

What I need to know is that, can we build such plugin which can do it? Does the SDK provide access to do it? If yes I would move ahead with constructing it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 4:13 PM   in reply to purijatin

Consider posting in the Lr SDK forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 8:03 AM   in reply to Community Help

I work for a digitization lab where we photograph rare historical books to be put into an online database so others can see the book as it is. In doing this we change the filenames of the photos so that they represent each page of the book in order from cover to cover. I actually have a few questions that I have searched the internet over and over for, I'll start with just one.

We have been naming each photo individually and have had issues were we needed to add or change a small aspect of the filename throughout a large portion of the book. I have successfully used the file name template to insert the small corrections before, but more recently it hasn't worked like that. The last time I tried to do this the template made the whole filename a token that I could not insert my additional letter into the middle of the name. So my question is where does or how does the filename template bring in the filename, more specifically why would it be the whole name one time and a token the next?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:08 AM   in reply to Community Help

I want to export a file with a filename that includes the dimensions, but I want the dimensions to be the those of the exported file. I am reducing the image size during the exporting process, is this possible? 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points