Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I thought MOV requires Quicktime !?

Apr 19, 2012 3:31 PM

While looking for a new camera http://forums.adobe.com/thread/976834 I found a place to download some MOV files created with a Canon SX40

They played with Windows Media Player, which I expected

What I did NOT expect, since I do NOT have Quicktime installed, is that they would open in PPro 5.0.3 on my Win7 computer

I thought editing of MOV files requires Quicktime to be installed

Anyone have any ideas whey these files will open in PPro without having Quicktime installed?

PS - I know QT is not installed... I built the computer, and I installed the software

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 3:46 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Premiere Pro can handle many mov files natively without Quicktime.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 6:26 PM   in reply to John T Smith

dont forget, John, mov is the wrapper...like avi..can have many codecs in it...so thats what determines to some extent if you need quicktime ( and the codecs that get installed with quicktime )...

im glad its working for you without QT..but to be honest, my pc and quicktime pro never had any probs..especially with the other programs i have to convert etc as needed to deal with that gamma issue etc...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to John T Smith

geez... i understand totally...re: budgets and $$ available etc...  believe me truly..

i dont even have ANYTHING that shoots ANY sort of video !  NADA !

am moving to MN soon..couple weeks...  some guy out there that another guy knows ( friend from iatse ny who moved to MN a while back ) has an alexa... so when i get out there im gonna look into that and maybe I can rent it as needed....

thats the only way i will ever deal with digital stuff as far as I can see..

some church out there is using an SD camera to shoot sermons and i've been asked to sorta maybe help out with that stuff..but then again, that camera comes from the tv station that does the broadcast via 'public access' channel..and they dont have HD cameras with full chips etc..nothing fancy going on... and the SD camera isnt broadcast quality high end like the old tv cameras on pedestals (sp? ) or at football games etc

in short, i got nothin, and wont get nothin anytime soon...so you are way ahead of me John

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points