Skip navigation
alexisdu88
Currently Being Moderated

Air installation failed

Apr 20, 2012 1:53 PM

Hi,

I will add my name to the long listing of people being unable to install air update.

Before, I add the old version and when the system propose to update winamax software and air, I thought it was going to be like every time an update is available.

Bur actually no.The update blocked every time with air installer remaining in the task bar even when appliciation closed.So I decided to uninstall Winamax, nothing

change, then I removed Air.Now, during the installation, the system send a message saying like other people that administrative right are requested even if I execute

the update with administrator rights.

I 've red few topics here and tried lots of different solutions like CC cleaner, windows installer clean up, revo uninstaller.but now air is not in the software list that I can remove

since it has already been removed.Also tried microsoft fix it.Nothing found with it.

I already tried to install from another account on the computer and the same message appears.

I've just not been able to find AIR zapper tool but will this work ?

I'm very disapointed with that.I'm ready to share my desktop with a technician to look at it and find a solution because I'm totally lost since 2 weeks trying lots of thing.

Last point, I have no log file.I cleaned every peace of directory about air in the common files for ex.

I'm french, trying to speak english the bast I can but if somebody can eventually help in french, that would be great.Otherwise will make my best.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 20, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to alexisdu88

Hi Alexis,

Can you post your AIR installer logs so I can take a look?

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 20, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to alexisdu88

Ok, unfortunately the error is during the MSI portion of the install.  We'll need to grab the MSI log file to see what's really going on.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 20, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to alexisdu88

So, when you use the Microsoft Fix-It, AIR is not listed in the options to uninstall correct?

Could you try creating a new, temporary, user account and see if you can install AIR with the new account?  Once installed, you should be able to use it from your normal account.

Another option you might want to try is to install the AIR 3.3 Beta 2 runtime.  We had changes to our installer to try and help with these types of errors.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

Replace AIR Zapper so we can get back to our lives.

I find you putting us to work grossly disrespectful.

PUT THE FIX BACK.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 1, 2012 6:03 PM   in reply to keithlakey

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful by removing the tool.  Instead, I was trying to make sure that the best tool was being used.  AIR Zapper was something I made before Microsoft put out their installer Fix It.  The Fix It is more comprehensive and most likely more reliable.

Regardless, I'll send you a private message with a link to AIR Zapper.  If you find that it helps you (and the fix it did not), please let me know and I'll add it back.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 1, 2012 6:07 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Alexis - When you use the Microsoft Fix-It, is AIR listed in the list of applications to uninstall?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2013 4:57 PM   in reply to alexisdu88

yeah ok I know what it is. It has to do with the application data folder multiplying 32 times in win 7 x64. So I searched "AIR" using "agent ransack" and deleted files and folders it found. Note that if you delete a file or folder on a sublevel, not being able to delete the others in agent ransack means the one/ones you deleted already deleted those. Imediately AIR could be installed. There are actually all kinds of things hiding in those sublevels. It seems that parts of the installation go into various levels of the 32 sublevels. Cheers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points