Skip navigation
fatcatninja
Currently Being Moderated

How do  repair After Effects?

Apr 17, 2012 10:30 AM

So I was finishing this project in AAE and when I closed it was closing really slow, slowlier than usually, so as impatient as I was, instead of just waiting for it I killed the process through Task Manager. After I did this i tried to run AAE again to check that evreything saved correctly and then instead of opening the program it just freezes on the "Intalizing Mediacore" in the loadupscreen.

I think me closing it by killing the process, caused it to lose some important core files and is now unabale to load because of that, so my question is if there is someway to repair it INSTEAD of uninstalling it, because I have installed loads of plug-ins and I would hate to have to re-install all of them again.

Please help me if you can, thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to fatcatninja

You need to manaully flush your media cache. By default it's in your user home directory. Also trash the prefs to reset to factory defaults. Since you did not provide any more details, it's difficult to advise more specifically...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 12:03 PM   in reply to fatcatninja

Here's a whole list of helpful diagnostic information from Adobe's Todd Kopriva:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to Dave LaRonde

Try restarting the computer to make sure that you've killed all processes that you may have left running by killing one manually.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points