Skip navigation
sbradom
Currently Being Moderated

Soft proofing LR4

Apr 14, 2012 4:43 PM

Not all of my RGB profiles which are in my colorsync profiles folder are available for soft proofing in LR4. I've copied and pasted the profiles into my profiles folder. These are Imageprint profiles. I need some help with this. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to sbradom

You'll need to check with ColorByte for updated profiles so they show up in LR4. This was a known issue in the LR4 beta as well...

|
    Mark as:
  • Andrew Rodney
    1,389 posts
    Apr 16, 2009
    Apr 18, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to sbradom

Other’s have reported this issue with ColorByte profiles. I think it is a combo of something odd in how they are writing their profiles but at the same time, LR should recognize them as Photoshop seems to right? I don’t know what the fix is, ColorByte probably isn’t going to pursue it. Your issue is known and someone, somewhere needs to come up with a fix.

I’m curious, do you see the CB profiles in the Print dialog or missing there too?

|
    Mark as:
  • Andrew Rodney
    1,389 posts
    Apr 16, 2009
    Apr 18, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to sbradom

Are you on a Mac? Cause you can run the profiles through Profile First Aid yourself but even if so, it points out an issue, a non standard creation of the CB profiles. That said (again), we have to put some responsibility on Adobe. If the profiles prior to the ColorSync, Profile First Aid show up in Photoshop but not LR, then something needs to be fixed in LR. Thus far, the only such issue I’ve heard of since LR was introduced was profiles from ColorByte so they also share a tad bit of the reasonability here.

|
    Mark as:
  • Andrew Rodney
    1,389 posts
    Apr 16, 2009
    Apr 18, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to sbradom

sbradom wrote:

I am on a Mac and I did run my profiles through first aid in colorsync. This did not fix the problem. Hence, they claim that my situation is unique as ALL of their other customes have no problems after running first aid in colorsync. Maybe I should call Adobe....

Got you. Yes, the comment to run em through Profile First Aid seems like a BS answer from them. And no, your situation isn’t unique as I’ve heard this from other CB users. But yes, Adobe needs to figure out why one of their applications works with the profiles and one does not.

If you have other Adobe applications (Acrobat, InDesign) that can access profiles, it would be useful to know if you can see them or not. That could help speed up a fix from Adobe’s end.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points