Skip navigation
KostRev
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS5.1 Tools are missing and there are no startup scripts available.

Mar 15, 2012 9:45 AM

Tags: #photoshop #bridge #bridge_cs5 #tools #image_processing

Brand new MBP with Creative Suite CS5. Not sure what happened to the Bridge Image Processing Tools that where readily available in CS4. I looked for the Startup Scripts mentioned in other forum posts but this folder is empty: Library > Application Support > Adobe > Bridge CS5.1.

Why make us hunt for Startup Scripts?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to KostRev

In Edit/preferences/startup sctipts are they enabled?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to KostRev

Checking on this.

Have you updated to latest version of 5.1?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to KostRev

Not a computer geek, but seems like you are asking for trouble if you change the default locations.  Think I remember something that installation must be in root directory, but you might want to confirm before changing.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 7:54 PM   in reply to KostRev

You can even install on an external drive, but the install always puts some files on the C drive.  These are common files that other programs can access also, like the scipts file.  So depending on how you have it install it can't find the folder.

There was a post on the Bridge Mac forum about 3 months ago that delt with this issue.  Tai Lao gave screen shots on where things go.  Might try a search of site with his name to see if you can come up with it.

Not sure of topic title but had problem with a similar problem you are having.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Also should add that once you make the PS installation you should not move any program files as you could sever links to support folders.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to KostRev

Has anyone made any progress here? I've come across the same situation, no startup scripts, therefore, no output module. We have a few other macs in the office that the output module shows up, I went to "reveal my startup scripts" in hopes of copying them to my scripts folder... no luck, there doesn't seem to be a file for me to take.

Maybe a reinstall is in order? I really would rather not.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 18, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to KCbuild

I've come across the same situation, no startup scripts, therefore, no output module.

There where some problems with CS5 and CS5.1 folder naming. Don't Have 5.1 myself so can't confirm.

The start Up scripts for Bridge CS5 are in the library on root level (Not User): Start Up disk/ library/ Application Support/ Adobe/ Start Up scripts CS5 and inhere are all the applications with their scripts in it.

In the same library and location up to Adobe is also a folder named Bridge CS5 Extensions. Inhere are other scripts including the Adobe Output Module.

Might work if you create an extra folder with same name but instead of CS5 CS5.1 and copy the content to the new folders.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 6:53 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I'm having a similar problem with a blank output panel. Before that my issue was getting errors when I tried to get the output panel to even load. Tons of Java Script and other nasty errors.

The fix was somewhat odd and it's not complete yet- as I said above, scripts launch now, but the output panel is blank.

Here is what I did and maybe someone can expand on it.

I went to HD/library/application support/Adobe/Bridge CS5.1 Extensions

I changed the name of the folder to loose "extensions". Restarted bridge and it started with no scripts. Went back in and then changed the name back to the original. Scripts all loaded without errors.

I think it might have something to do with looking for extensions in the wrong place. Changing the folder name seemed to reset the behavior.

Now if I can just get the output panel to work.

BTW, I also used Batchmod to make sure the ownership was correct as a regual permission fix through OS X was not working.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:43 PM   in reply to seaneee

Been racking my brain, but not luck with answer.

I remember a post some time ago where CS5.1 user had solultion.

It was some file in registry that he went ino and changed the 5.1 entry to 5.0 and then it worked.

He got back the scripts page.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 21, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to seaneee

I changed the name of the folder to loose "extensions". Restarted bridge and it started with no scripts. Went back in and then changed the name back to the original. Scripts all loaded without errors.

Don't rename the folder but create a new one with same name but instead CS5 use CS5.1 and copy the content to the new folder in the same location

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2012 6:54 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I think you may be misunderstanding me.

I changed the name of "abobe bridge 5.1 extensions" to an arbitrary name so bridge could not find it.

Relaunced bridge and there were no errors, but there were also no extensions, as expected because of the above.

The I took the same folder I orginally renamed. It's contents ALREADY had the proper componensts from a fresh 5.1 extensions folder, and renamed it correctly to "adobe bridge 5.1 extensions".

Lastly I restarted bridge with a reset. Bridge starts without errors and all the plugins/extensions are working except output, where the panel is blank.

Anyhow, it's seems I've found a workaround for my situation, see here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4353441#4353441

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 23, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to seaneee

I think you may be misunderstanding me.

With many advantages with using mail for this forum the disadvantage sometimes is you don't have oversight in the whole thread.

I was merely reacting on Curt with the CS5 and CS5.5 solution that solved some problems earlier this year but reading the thread again that seems not related to yours.

Shortly before Curt his post I read your post about renaming the default folder name (which to me sounds bad). Hence my reference to a solution of an older problem that was solved by creating a new folder with the 5.1 addition and copy the scripts in there

However I still don't understand why you are not able to have a normal setup after clean install.

Without having experience with Lion I really would try the Recovery Disk for resetting your user account. With Pre Lion you could do an Archive and Install and it seems Lion also has such an option.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I think it's somewhat of a moot point now.

Solutions aren't always straight forward and sometimes things that sound like bad ideas end up helping us find solves or workaournds. No big deal though.

Omke Oudeman wrote:

However I still don't understand why you are not able to have a normal setup after clean install.

You and me both!  I did try resetting the account, etc. No dice. At this point I'm too far vested in my setup to start with a fresh install. It would kill my workflow right now. Either way, while it's not the right way, it's solved and am happy for that.

Having said that, I did some poking around in the resources XML of the actual app contents. I think it might have something to do with the local paths that the XML points to and the fact I'm using two drives.

Anyhow, all of you have been extremely helpful. Thank you!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points