Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a program

Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded Elements 10 but can't open the file. "Either not a supported file type or has been damaged eg.sent as an email attachment & wasn't correctly decoded."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which file are you unable to open?  Do you have a filename?  Also which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the Photoshop Elements 10 LS15 which comes in 2 separate files. A 7Z file on the larger file and the smaller is: file version 1.0.2.1 I've got Windows 7 operating system. I've got Java installer & downloaded Akamai installer at the suggestion of Adobe. Each will take me through the install steps but I'm still unable to open the program.

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:41:00 -0600

To: gonepostalcrazy@hotmail.com

Subject: Opening a program

Re: Opening a program created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Which file are you unable to open? Do you have a filename? Also which operating system are you using?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the installtion got completed..?

did it give you any error after completing the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no error code after installation. The downloaded file exist in my "Downloads" but will not open even if I double click. Message I receive is: "File not a supported

file type or because it was damaged eg. sent as an email attachment and was not decoded." I've repeated the install process but get the same results.

Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:12:43 -0600

Re: Opening a program created by Manish_1988 in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

does the installtion got completed..?

did it give you any error after completing the installation?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to download a trial or have you purchased Photoshop Elements?  This is important because it helps me determine where you are downloading from.  You can also try downloading the trial for Photoshop Elements from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=en_us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchased Photoshop Elements. This is not a trial version.

Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:51:56 -0600

Re: Opening a program created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Are you trying to download a trial or have you purchased Photoshop Elements? This is important because it helps me determine where you are downloading from. You can also try downloading the trial for Photoshop Elements from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements &loc=en_us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the "7zip" utility ......open and extract the 7z file you have downloaded and run the setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will want to double click on the Photoshop Elements 10 LS15.exe file to extract your installation files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines