Skip navigation
Saif79
Currently Being Moderated

Error code 6 & media offline & after effect warning errors.

Apr 19, 2012 10:17 PM

Increasingly I am getting the attached error messages when I try to open files. (mostly .psd and .ind files)

1.) It often says I don’t have permission to open the file, it is not the right type of file, or the file doesn’t exist... none of which are true.

The files always work if I copy them locally and open them from my harddrive.

2.) "media offline" error.

3.) after effects warning error.

Help needed. Thx.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to Saif79

Hi Saif,

You might get several issues, if you are directly opening files from the server or a network location, to your machine and editing them. You might also get issue while saving then to the server. I think your issue is one of them.

This is because, several thing comes into picture while you are opening, editing, saving files over the network. You may face some network issues, firewall issues and mostly permissions issues.

So, adobe always recommends to save the file locally on the machine first and then perform editting and saving operations. once you are done, you can copy it to the network.

Check the below article just for reference.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop -cs5.html

Cheers!!

Arpit

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 12:47 AM   in reply to Saif79

In so many words: Your server sucks. Seriously, none of the issues are related directly to Adobe software, but rather are to blame on a bad network environment.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points